Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2015, 09:55 PM   #1 
Aquastar

The Betta Project

Betta journal

Hey everyone! I think I will be starting a journal!
*applause*
So I will provide some background on my connection to bettas. I the first time I saw a betta was probably in a petsmart cup, I hated it. A small cup with a fish that hardly fit in its cup, it looked so sad, it's fins were thin and stuck together. All my life I never understood how the betta was a "beautiful fish of many colours", as far as I was concerned, bettas only came in blue dark blue and maybe red. But as soon as I got an aquarium, I considered my options. Bettas, of course, were an option, not something I was considering, but still an idea.
I searched around some petstores and got some neon tetras to cycle with. That store had an Elive Betta Center, I looked into the jars and saw some amazing bettas. Not only were they more colourful than I thought, the were active! After that I googled 'happy bettas' and was amazed at the difference after they were purchased!
On May 19 I purchased Mufasa, my orange HM, for my 10 gallon community, he has since has deepened in color and grown longer fins. Sadly, if given enough room to flare for over 10mins, he will chew on his fins...
August 6 I brought home Samaki, a pastel VT, who was floating in a breeder trap while I was on a trip to buy water conditioner. I had been waiting for a fish in need, and Samaki fit the description.
They are so amazing and fun to watch, I just love having them around to keep me company!
The idea was to get me a bowl and a fish for the summer, glad I refused the bowl and asked for a 10gal instead!
I can now share my interest in fish with others and sit back on hard days and look at my fish swimming like nothing is wrong.
So welcome to my journal.
Aquastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:59 PM   #2 
Aquastar

Fall=leaves

I found a bunch of oak leaves and maple leaves in our yard, I cleaned them and added them to the tank. Mufasa explored the sunken maple leaves, and Samaki followed the still floating ones. I just can't wait till I can fill the tank with leaves! Samaki built his bubble nest! He spent the whole morning and day on it, exploring in between (the distraction is real).
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #3 
lilyrazen

That nest is AWESOME!
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #4 
Aquastar

The crew

I got all my pets to stay within the same space! I have a fat cat (more to pet that way), I'm really not worried about her and the fish getting along. My fish are smarter than she is.
Mufasa is really interested in the 'furry thing', but my cat is unaware of their existence. She only likes the tank because the filter makes dripping water noises sometimes. If it was uncovered, I'm sure she would drink from it, but leave the fish alone. Gotta love cats!
Now to clean up the fur that went everywhere...
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #5 
Betta44

We have a Betta named Mufasa too! Cool name! Cute cat too, btw. :)
Betta44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #6 
BettaLover1313

Your cat looks a lot like my cat, Renji XD. He used to drink from my filter when I couldn't find the cover for it >.<
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:41 AM   #7 
Isabella15

Subbing
Isabella15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #8 
Aquastar

Thank you to everyone!
My tank is a disaster.
The Val is going through a new tank melt, and the wisteria just started its own new tank melt...
The other half of my tank has a bunch of maple and oak leaves, random anubias floating around and a craft mesh hammock is sitting in the corner. And the breeder trap is covered in diatoms. I'll go on a leaf hunt then take a picture once I get the tank nicer looking. Maybe I'll go find some driftwood to add (the one I have now is for a near future 5gal).
But hey! The Betta is happy wandering around! Maybe I should feed them, they still need food...
Old 09-05-2015, 01:55 PM   #9 
Aquastar

messy tank-the sequel

I got a bunch of dried maple leaves, all the oaks leaves haven't fallen yet, so I made a corner devoted to leaves! I'm going to spread them out to make them a bit more interactive, but there's some algae on the front glass and a few water stains. But hey! The fish are happy!

Things to do:
Scrub algae
Replant wisteria that came loose
Clean water stains.
Clean rock
Clean breeder trap
Remove rotting plants
Spread leaves

I really need a snail...
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2015, 04:50 PM   #10