Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2015, 04:25 AM   #1 
PandaKami

Red face Panda's Fishie Adventures(and she rambles on about 'em!)

Hiya!
WARNING: Picture and ramble heavy content. Don't say I didn't warn ya!

Name's Kamila. :) 19, living in Canada, struggling with a fish addiction. I have a pup, who gets pretty jealous of this sometimes. Although for me, it is therapeutic(I have depression, anxiety, and get horrid panic/anxiety attacks at least 1-2 times a week. Joyful, no?), hence the reason I started my community tank a few months back. I needed something to occupy my mind so that it wouldn't wander to horrid places. Loving this therapy ;D

So back story time. Haven't had a betta in a good couple of years. (3-4? Maybe 5 years?) Wasn't really wanting another after my baby boy, Sherlock, died. He was a blue/purple/red VT and a curious little bugger. He would always swim to where I was looking and stare at me. Hated hiding places. He has this huge bowl my mom found (pretty sure it held about 6-8 gallons) with a small heater and sponge filter attached to the back and some simple natural coloured gravel and silk plants. He died of natural causes after 3 long years with me.

However, recently I've gotten back into fish keeping and I currently have a 5.5g with a little endler/oto/shrimp community. Planning on cycling a 20g soonish to move that community into their bigger home so that I can split the 5.5g for two bettas.

ANYWHO, long story short, I'm a proud betta owner once again. I caved when I saw this gorgeous creature, and just had to get him. This little fella is Shadow and he's my new VT. He's living in a one gallon for now but will be moved to a bigger home as soon as my 5.5g frees up. Shadow is a shy little guy. Day 1- he refused to eat and just hide behind his little plant. Day 2 - he's swimming around happier, but at least he ate dinner. I think he lives up to his name cause I always catch him hiding in the shadows xD

However, recently I've gotten back into fish keeping and I currently have a 5.5g with a little community. Planning on cycling a 20g to move that community into their bigger home so that I can split the 5.5g for two bettas.

ANYWHO, long story short, I'm a proud betta owner once again. This little fella is Shadow and he's my blue/purple VT. He's living in a one gallon for now but will be moved to a bigger home as soon as my 5.5g frees up. Shadow is a shy little guy. Day 1- he refused to eat and just hide behind his little plant. Day 2 - he's swimming around happier, but at least he ate dinner. I think he lives up to his name cause I always catch him hiding in the shadows xD

His temporary home :)

This one shows his gorgeous blue colour that I'm in love with. :D

Now I was looking through betta foods at my LFS and happened to come across, the now named, Royal. (May change but this names sticking. Feel free to suggest names however!) He's a VT as well, a beautiful red. (It looks a bit orange-y sometimes though) I saw him in those stupid little cups the LFS keeps bettas in and he was weak and covered in ick and his back fin was a bit torn. I fell for it and got him to try to save what I could of the poor fella from that filthy cup. I couldn't get any pictures from his first week. He was always hiding or running away from the camera, even refusing a food bribe. This week he is looking great! Fin looks better, ick is gone, and he's come out to explore and eat a bit. He still is painfully shy, loves his hiding spots and clings to them. Makes me all tingly inside seeing him progress into a more healthy state.

Nice side shot of Royal :3

Thought this one shows his fins better :D

"MOM PLS WHY. WHY YOU GOTTA TAKE ALL THESE DANG PICTURES." - I can imagine him yelling this if he could talk. This face is his personality

This will be a like a blog to me, so don't be surprised if I post a lot. Anyways, me and my pup are off to sleep. Well, I'm off to sleep. He's already long gone to dreamland.
PandaKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:27 PM   #2 
PandaKami

One of my Tiger Endler females decided to give birth so I had to move everyone around =-= So Shadow is in the 3g, Royal is in a 2g bowl I had laying around from fish I used to have a looong time ago, and the babies are gonna get moved into Shadow's 1g after I get the sponge filter and get it hooked up. So sleepy ><
Old Yesterday, 04:45 AM   #3 
PandaKami

1g with fry set-up, and my boys are moved to they're new homes for the time being. Crazy day today. I need to sleep.