Phew, finally finished the mammoth task of moving around 25 persephone into a different tank.
I was sick of not being able to see them very well because the middle shelf is so dark and so now they are in a tank up on the top shelf next to my rutilans. Rutilans supervised the whole process and are not sure what to make of their new neighbours.
The substrate had already been used in another tank and was still wet, so even though I didn't disturb it, there was some clouding of the water. Plus I also used 20 litres of water from the persephone's old tank, and since that was very heavy on the tannins it does not make for a very pretty picture at the moment.
They seem to be settling in fine and are all exploring and staking out their own territories within the tank. I'm hoping to get some java moss so I can provide some more cover on the bottom of the tank as this seems to be where they spend most of their time.
With them moved, that means I now can turn my two tanks on the middle shelf longways, which the fish seem to prefer. The plan is to set up two extra 30cm cubes on there for prospective new pairs, and move my stiktos pair into a divided 30cm tank as I want the male permanently out of the breeder box.
I also have a Mr Aqua 12 gallon long spare now. Not certain what to do with that. Might wait and use it when my racks downstairs are ready.