Got an updated photo of my rack this morning. There are four tanks missing from this photo. Two are on my sideboard, one is on my chest of drawers and the other is on my bedside table.
The mismatched lights and cords/airline tubing everywhere still annoys me, but the tanks themselves are starting to look better than they have in a long while.
I am rather surprised by how much I like the Malaya substrate. It sort of breaks down slightly when I add water, and ends up looking quite natural once the plants are in and the water darkens up.
As you can see below, its slightly lighter colour doesn't wash my fish out at all.
I also forgot how much my wilds love IALs. I got a delivery of some tea bags to use for my water aging tub as well as 25 large leaves to use in my tanks.
I added one leaf each to my hendra and brownorum tanks and both males have already taken up residence beneath them.
With a stomach full of mosquito larvae and a female to share his tank with, I don't think life could be much better for my hendra male.
My unimaculata pair spawned last night. I was not surprised considering how full of eggs the female was. Male has a huge mouthful.
Going to be working on getting the tank properly set-up for my still to arrive pair. I sort of just chucked the plants and leaves in everywhere and it does not look very appealing.