Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #1 
Flufferlie

hey!

Hi! My name is Liz :)
I came here because I found this site to be sooo helpful when I first got my Betta, which was this past February. His name is Winston. I got him from Walmart, admittedly on an impulse because I saw that he had fin rot in his Tail and dirty water in his cup that he was in. He is all better now,thanks to frequent water changes and aquarium salt, and no longer lethargic and refusing food! His tail has healed up and all that is left is some curling in his ventral fins. I have him in a 5 gallon tank and the only time he ever rests is when I cut his light off at night. I recently got him a bubble stone, although I know it isn't needed I noticed he likes to play in the gentle current of his filter. So I decided to experiment, and he loves to chase the bubbles! I have grown so attached to my little blue Winston! I look forward to meeting all of you!
Attached Images

Flufferlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #2 
Raincloud

Hello Liz, you have a beautiful VT! I am a new member too, it's nice to meet you!
Raincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #3 
Flufferlie

^ nice to meet you too! And thank you! I adore him. :) I see you are from NC? I am too! I am pretty close to Charlotte :)
Old 05-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #4 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hi Liz and welcome to the forum. Winston is sure a beauty ! That it is so neat that he loves to chase the bubbles. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #5 
Flufferlie

Thank you Perseusmom!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #6 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Your welcome. My daughter lives in Greenboro , she is a Latin teacher at a magnet middle school there , she has been there since this fall and loves NC.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #7 
veggiegirl

Hi Liz and welcome to the forum! I hope that you find it a friendly and informative place You did a great job curing Winston, he is beautiful!
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #8 
Flufferlie

Oh I have relatives from Greensboro! It's amazing how much nc has grown in the last few years. We get a lot of people from NY and Ohio migrating down here. Especially teachers from Ohio.

And thank you veggiegirl! All of the info on how to get him better came from here! His tail is soooo much longer than it was. I wish I had taken a picture of him then. Walmart needs to take better care. I checked to see what fish they had today out of curiosity and there was a marble crown tail who looked dead. His water was gray. I showed him to an assistant manager.

Last edited by Flufferlie; 05-08-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #9 
veggiegirl

Yeah some pet shops neglect their bettas so badly, We have one in particular in our local area that is just horrific in their care for bettas, they are even cruel at times......I have tried over and over to politely suggest ways in which to improve the care of their bettas and why it will not only benefit the fish but the business as well. They just treat you like you are stupid and that a customer couldn't possibly know more about betta care than they do. I try to avoid shopping there in general so as not to support them but in the last month I have weakened and rescued 4 incredibly sick crowntail bettas which were on their way to certain death but I treated them and they are happy healthy bettas now, the one in my avatar picture is Punch, he was one of the rescues and as you can tell by the photo is much happier now!
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #10 
jlllm

hi, Its my 1st day here! I love your betta. The colors are so beautiful.
jlllm is offline   Reply With Quote