Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #11 
Agent13
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapmon View Post
I'm honestly not sure, it should be okay. You should also mix it in with his water just so he doesn't end up swimming into a cloud of the stuff if you know what I mean.
Yea...I actually floated him when I dosed the water. He is a weirdo. He actually likes going into his cup haha.. Then resists getting out of it. I really hope he makes it through well, because he is so strange in a good way! He is happy when out of it but it's like trying to get a toddler out of the bathtub hahaha
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #12 
Janan

He's gorgeous and such a lucky boy to have you.
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #13 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent13 View Post
Yea...I actually floated him when I dosed the water. He is a weirdo. He actually likes going into his cup haha.. Then resists getting out of it. I really hope he makes it through well, because he is so strange in a good way! He is happy when out of it but it's like trying to get a toddler out of the bathtub hahaha
My EE is a strange little fella, he's so odd. He's playful ad cheeky and he likes human contact, he always greets me when I come by and he hates suction caps. <<

Your boy sounds strong and adorable, he'll make it through.
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #14 
Agent13
Reference Team

Thanks guys!! I hate worrying but I know he will come out OK even if he loses an eye..but lets think positive. He is currently having a staring contest with my bearded dragon, Agent13 haha.
On another note I'm wondering as I'm looking at him at putting things together.. tell me what you think
1. He was at the store for a long time
2. His ventral fins are both curled at the ends which makes me think he was in cramped conditions for a LONG time.
3. The Petco he is from didn't have an awesome fish guy(has a bachelors degree in this field) till 3 months ago(and I suspect this fish may have been there possibly longer then that.)

Does this all start sounding like more likely bacterial infection/exposure from long term bad improper care? This is speculation and I obviously don't expect more then an educated guess from you guys either....??
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #15 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent13 View Post
Thanks guys!! I hate worrying but I know he will come out OK even if he loses an eye..but lets think positive. He is currently having a staring contest with my bearded dragon, Agent13 haha.
On another note I'm wondering as I'm looking at him at putting things together.. tell me what you think
1. He was at the store for a long time
2. His ventral fins are both curled at the ends which makes me think he was in cramped conditions for a LONG time.
3. The Petco he is from didn't have an awesome fish guy(has a bachelors degree in this field) till 3 months ago(and I suspect this fish may have been there possibly longer then that.)

Does this all start sounding like more likely bacterial infection/exposure from long term bad improper care? This is speculation and I obviously don't expect more then an educated guess from you guys either....??

Sitting in his own filth for that long? Might just be bacterial.
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote