Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #21 
Skyewillow

Also, I have to share my deformed Critroll!

Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #22 
Jexx

now SHE is cute! I like her! How is she deformed?
Also that is a crazy amount of plants. But I agree the more plants the better. Where do you get all of yours from Skyewillow? Which ones are real? What kind of fake plants can guppies have? can they have the plastic ones? Or are they like bettas and have to have the silk ones?
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #23 
Skyewillow

Here's a very rough diagram of the difference in Crit's back from that of our normal females.

There's a water Onion, and some green wendtii in there. the rest are plastic except the orange one, that one is silk. I don't worry about plastic plants around the girls, their fins are shorter and less prone to tearing than say a VT male or HM male.

I went to walmart, Meijer (a Great Lakes regional store) and pet supplies plus when they were having a sale on plastic plants and spent probably a good $40 on fake foliage. Our females aren't nearly as stressed anymore.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #24 
Jexx

oh yes i see now. It really makes her look so round and cute though. I love her :3
can male guppies have plastic plants?
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #25 
Skyewillow

ours have never had a problem, as long as they don't have sharp edges
Old 05-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #26 
Chevko

@Skye
There isn't hardly any aggression in the tank since we removed Banana and got Kite and another oto in his place. If they have five minutes of aggression every hour now, as example, then that's down massively from half an hour or more every hour since we got rid of Banana. They're pretty cool with each other and truly appear to try to court Pink. I've got hamster tubes for them to hide in and/or explore as well as a cave they appear to have meetings in if it gets too bright when I have the blinds open.

Believe me, I want to get some real plants, heh, but don't quite have the ability to yet. And I'm also nervous about doing real plants then a nasty something gets in and I have to nuke the water, practically.
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #27 
gill150981

Question guppy fry

hi all i am new to this i am also new to keeping fish my partner has bought a 2 foot tank with about 15 guppies in that we were told are constantly breeding this morning i found 3 fry so i removed them and put them in a seperate tank so they wont get eaten by the bigger fish i have a heater in the small tank but i dont have a filter as yet for it i do have a small circular air stone but it seems to be very ferocious in that small tank so just wondered do they need the air stone please be kind i am after all new to keeping fish as i stated above and any advice anyone can give me will be very greatfully received
gill150981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #28 
Skyewillow

Plants.... ugh! Some of mine decided to melt because they didn't like my tank... hence is why my big tank is full of fake ones.. they don't die! lol
Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #29 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gill150981 View Post
hi all i am new to this i am also new to keeping fish my partner has bought a 2 foot tank with about 15 guppies in that we were told are constantly breeding this morning i found 3 fry so i removed them and put them in a seperate tank so they wont get eaten by the bigger fish i have a heater in the small tank but i dont have a filter as yet for it i do have a small circular air stone but it seems to be very ferocious in that small tank so just wondered do they need the air stone please be kind i am after all new to keeping fish as i stated above and any advice anyone can give me will be very greatfully received
if you filter this tank, try for a sponge filter. If you use another kind of filter you'll need to cover the intake with a fine mesh (panty hose works) to make sure they don't get sucked in.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #30 
gill150981

thank you they are so tiny at the min you can only just see them lol i dare say there will be even more fry by tomorrow as there are quite a few that look lik they are about to pop my kids get upset if they know there are babies in there and they might get eaten so thats why i take them all out i just keep finding them
gill150981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guppies