Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #41 
Skyewillow

I can't wait to see what you end up getting, Cobra will be so happy!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #42 
Chevko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
I can't wait until the cycle is done on my filter so I can go ahead and get her some girlfriends to play with! Originally I was just going to do a 10 gallon buuuuut my mom gave me a 50$ gift card to big al's for mother's day so now I plan to get either a 15 or 20 gallon ^ ^ The filter I am cycling is only a 10 gallon filter but I have ordered a second sponge filter that I intend to use in conjunction with the 10 filter. I am also awaiting my phillipine java ferns in the mail that will go in the new tank. I am so excited I could die. Also I wish the darn filter would hurry up and cycle because it is becoming quite a bit of work to keep little cobra's tank clean. between her and the snails there is just soooo much POOP. omg. I am cleaning the tank twice a day. but in the end seeing her grow so quickly makes it worth it and my snails are finally happy.

Fantastic to hear :D I would personally wait to see if she develops a gonopodium instead so you don't have a mass of females and one male and then you've got an explosion.

And I know what you mean with the snail poop. It surprises me the amount of poop that Honey can produce, she's a damn poop machine!! Even if she hasn't eaten in a long time she still produces a massive amount of poop!
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #43 
Jexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevko View Post
Fantastic to hear :D I would personally wait to see if she develops a gonopodium instead so you don't have a mass of females and one male and then you've got an explosion.

And I know what you mean with the snail poop. It surprises me the amount of poop that Honey can produce, she's a damn poop machine!! Even if she hasn't eaten in a long time she still produces a massive amount of poop!
oh yes. I figure by the time the cycle on the other filter finishes the time of sex certainty will have passed. I am only 2 weeks into the cycle on the new filter. and I still have to wait to receive my plants and sponge filter. It will be at least another 2 week before I get the second filter I am sure (free shipping, from Hong Kong) I do plan on getting the new tank soon though. That way, If the filter finishes cycling, I can go ahead and put Cobra in her new home and not have to change the water so often.
I'm tempted to leave The Marias in their own tank. Maybe get some Zebras to add to them.
Also, I finally got Cobra to accept some flakes. I think I just spoiled her too much and she was like "wth why would I eat that when I know you have egg and shrimp and nls pellets crushed into a fine powder?? I pity tha foo!" Yesterday I ran out of egg so I gave her some crushed up flakes. She accidentally ate a piece thinking it was something yummy then just looked at the rest and swam away. I didn't give her anything else. The next time I tried to feed her she actually ate some more. Today I have only given her flakes so that I can make sure she will eat them. Tonight I will give her NLS pellets. I don't need another picky thing in my house!
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #44 
Skyewillow

LMAO! Spoiled little punkin! <3
Old 05-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #45 
Jexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
LMAO! Spoiled little punkin! <3
Yaaa might have to change her name to PRINCESS
i SWEAR if she had hair it would be flippin

ALSO I just tested the water in the cycling bin and it reads:
Ammonia: 0.25PPM, Nitrites: 5PPM, Nitrates 20PPM!!!!!!!!

SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Jexx; 05-16-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: hair not hear
Old 05-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #46 
Skyewillow

-hifive!!!!-
Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #47 
Jexx

*hifive* right back atcha!!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #48 
Chevko

I got a coloration question on some (most) of my boys... anyone know how to identify colors? I've tried finding but only found for Moon on a show guppy website and nothing for the rest.

click and click.

Sun I believe is a creamsicle.
Moon is a... tux or a blue. He's almost always black though - rarely shows as blue and I'm not sure how to get him to.
The big one (Big Fin according to my boyfriend), Cardinal and Pink we (I) don't know what their colorations are called. The big one makes me think of 90s blue jeans. The pink develops purple when he's super relaxed just like Moon turns blue when he's super relaxed. Cardinal and the big one typically stay their current colors.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #49 
Skyewillow

I didn't find creamsicle, but you have a couple that look like the tequila sunrise.
Red Tuxedo

Tequila Sunrise

Neon Blue Tuxedo

Half-black blue

couple of our girls are HB Blue
Old 05-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #50 
Chevko

Tequila Sunrise! I forgot all about that xD Sun is definitely that. I didn't know that there was a red tux :o Definitely Cardinal.

Moon almost gets to that neon blue color, when he gets relaxed, but he's almost always a solid black until it gets dark, to which he turns a blue all-around. I think I've seen him get to almost that level...

There're only five of them. I did a second pic to give another angle of everyone. I know that the big one is a common coloration but it seems to be such a mix of colors...

Tags
guppies