Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #1 
knini09

Question update on Kaimu-shin the betta

Hi, just wanted to give you an update, so yesterday was the final day of salt treatment and I can say he is ok but not better, he still has black on his fins and I don't know what to do I stopped the treatment today I did 100% water change and used API Stress Coat Conditioner turned on the filter and light but I noticed that it took a long day for him to get used to the light he was not happy about that, and the filter is making a big current for him, he is not happy as in he is not stressed but he struggles to swim, so I was wondering what to do to help it, for now it is off, but I want to keep it going so the cycling could start even tho I put the media in the other filter so it started building the bacteria, any help is gladly appreciated... thanks... <3
knini09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #2 
cheylillymama

I've heard good things about sponge filters. Or "baffling" your existing filter. I think that's what its called. Idk how to do it but i see it on here all the time. Bet you could YouTube it as well.
cheylillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #3 
Myates

Make sure to really rinse out your filter media - turning it off for any extended time (6-12 hrs) can/will kill off any bacteria colony you had growing and then end up pushing the dead bacteria into the tank which could affect the fish.

Unsure the type of filter, but sometimes adding in a piece of an aquarium sponge into the outflow section (can hold it in with a clean/new rubber band if needed) will help lessen the flow of the water.

He should become adjusted to the light.. he may just be adjusting being back into his home rather than the light itself.

As for his black edges.. are you sure it is fin rot and not normal coloration? Pictures would help determining this.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote