Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #1 
kassforsythe

Unhappy Please Help!

I woke up this morning to my male betta Benny on the floor! He looked dead, and I immediately scooped him up and put him back into his tank. When I put Benny in his tank, he sank all the way to the bottom and he wasn't moving. My heart sank at that moment and I almost threw up because I was so horrified. Finally after 1 minute he started swimming but he looked horrible. Benny is still swimming but the end of his body and tail look a little white. Is this a bad sign? And if it is a bad sign, is there any way that I can save him or nurse him back to normal?
kassforsythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #2 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassforsythe View Post
I woke up this morning to my male betta Benny on the floor! He looked dead, and I immediately scooped him up and put him back into his tank. When I put Benny in his tank, he sank all the way to the bottom and he wasn't moving. My heart sank at that moment and I almost threw up because I was so horrified. Finally after 1 minute he started swimming but he looked horrible. Benny is still swimming but the end of his body and tail look a little white. Is this a bad sign? And if it is a bad sign, is there any way that I can save him or nurse him back to normal?
Hopefully he makes a full recovery, but keep an eye on him for health issues that may arise from the stress of his accident. Oh, and please keep a cover on his tank! Bettas are real jumpers, as you found out.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #3 
LittleBlueFishlets

How is he doing now?
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:19 AM   #4 
kassforsythe

He ended up dying around 9:00 pm. The incident happened early this morning and my tank had a cover, but I guess he jumped out through his feeding whole. I'm so sad! I knew he wasn't going to make it when I seen his body turning white. . .

Thanks for your response.

RIP Benny :(
kassforsythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #5 
LittleBlueFishlets

I'm sorry.... SIP Benny.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #6 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassforsythe View Post
He ended up dying around 9:00 pm. The incident happened early this morning and my tank had a cover, but I guess he jumped out through his feeding whole. I'm so sad! I knew he wasn't going to make it when I seen his body turning white. . .

Thanks for your response.

RIP Benny :(
So sorry to hear that.....some bettas end up recovering quite well after jumping, even if they look quite dried out.....I sure hoped yours was one of the ones that made it through.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote