Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #1 
rmarkham

Talking Introducing Blueberry, my new shimmery HM!!

Hi all,

The boyfriend took me to Petsmart tonight after dinner. I must say that the Petsmart I went to takes much better care of their fish than the Petco I've been going to.

The ammonia in his cup was around 2ppm.. not great but the nitrites and nitrates were 0ppm. I'm used to seeing those go off the charts!

Anywhoo... They had a wide variety of betta fish..dragonscales, pinks, greens, blues, reds all fin types..

This particular guy caught my eye.. someone else was already browsing at the bettas so I had to jump infront of her to grab him, you know.. just incase she wanted him first.

When the light hits him you can see every scale and how shimmery and blue/white they are. He was so active, yet shy in his little cup. I love him already!

I LOVE his white scales.. but does anyone think he'll end up marbling and turning all blue?

Also, is he a halfmoon? His tail isn't super big.. could he be a delta?

Without further adieu, here's Blueberry!
First up are the pictures without flash:

Now with flash! I was shocked when I saw how shimmery and stunning he was!

He was so determined to eat his own poop...

rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #2 
Fenghuang

Stunning! He appears to be a marble delta, but I don't think he'll turn all blue. The dragonscales will probably stay light.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #3 
Agent13
Reference Team

My daughters marble looked a lot like that the day after we got him then the following days/months he went on his color journey. Me thinks you have a beautiful marble! I tthink yours will have more metalic greenish blue then by daughters! Oh how I do want another marble!!
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #4 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent13 View Post
My daughters marble looked a lot like that the day after we got him then the following days/months he went on his color journey. Me thinks you have a beautiful marble! I tthink yours will have more metalic greenish blue then by daughters! Oh how I do want another marble!!

How fun! I do love his white scales though.. I'll miss them :(

Do you have any before/after pictures?
Old 05-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #5 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
Stunning! He appears to be a marble delta, but I don't think he'll turn all blue. The dragonscales will probably stay light.

Thanks! By light, do you mean white, or a different shade of blue?

I hope his fins don't lose their iridescence.. they practically glow in the light of his tank!

He's so fluid when he moves... SO PRETTY!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #6 
Agent13
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarkham View Post
How fun! I do love his white scales though.. I'll miss them :(

Do you have any before/after pictures?
I know *sob sob* ! But unfortunatately I didn't tak pictures of his first two weeks. I honestly had no clue he was a marble..or not even what a marble was. I just let my daughter pick her fish at our only trusted petco and he was a HM maybe even feather or whatever(is that what you call it? lol). He was pearl white an looked JUST like the winner for april on the main page yet his fins were pearlescent and transluscent. If you look through recent posts regarding color/fish types(within the last two days) I did post a few of his changes that I actually caught. Also posted today my betta family and his more recent ones are in that...plus he is my Avi. He does still have white pearl scales around his gills and a few other random places but not much.
I think te most pics I've put up of Wally are on the thread called "metallic white on gills"
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #7 
Fenghuang

I had a marble boy that I lost just recently (he jumped his tank). He had a similar colour to yours. He was white with blue spots, but he had iridescence that made him shine green in some lighting. He also had red, purple, and black streaks in his fins, which he gained and lost all the time. But his body stayed fairly consistent.

It is really hard to tell with marbles. But I don't think he would lose all of his white dragonscales.

You can see pictures of him here:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=168970
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=131350
Old 05-09-2013, 04:03 AM   #8 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
I had a marble boy that I lost just recently (he jumped his tank). He had a similar colour to yours. He was white with blue spots, but he had iridescence that made him shine green in some lighting. He also had red, purple, and black streaks in his fins, which he gained and lost all the time. But his body stayed fairly consistent.

It is really hard to tell with marbles. But I don't think he would lose all of his white dragonscales.

You can see pictures of him here:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=168970
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=131350
WHOAH! He's STUNNING!!! I"m sorry he jumped. :(
Old 05-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #9 
Picasso84

He's sooo pretty! Omg, I love the coloring :D On the one hand, I can't wait to see what he will color into, but on the other, he is beautiful the way he is!
Picasso84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #10 
Fenghuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarkham View Post
WHOAH! He's STUNNING!!! I"m sorry he jumped. :(
It's okay. Take it as advice to always keep your tank covered. :)

I do think Blueberry will keep at least some of his white dragonscales since he has a similar pattern to Vasuki. But who knows? Marbles sure are fun that way, though.