Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2008, 11:04 AM   #1 
caliroze

How long to treat with medicine?

I'm on Day 3 of treating Sparky with Hikari Betta Revive. There has been absolutely no improvement. Sparky is just at the bottom of the tank, fins not fanned out at all, only movement is gills working and sometimes flapping side fins by his face. He hasn't eaten in 11 days!

What should I do now?

The directions say treat for 3 to 7 days until cure is achieved or move on to alternative treatment, but if nothing has improved in three days ... :(

I got him at Petco 6 1/2 weeks ago. Could he already have been old and now he's dying of old age? What are the signs of dying of old age for a Betta?
caliroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would go ahead and stick with the Betta Revive for a few more days. I have never used it before so I have no idea how good it is. I use Betta fix. Maybe it's the same thing as Betta Revive, I don't know. I had a betta that I'm sure died of old age. After not eating and laying at the bottom for 2 days, he finally died. I had another betta that , like yours, went a long time without eating. It turned out that he was constipated. I don't know if what I'm telling you will help you any. Maybe some others on the forum can give you some better advice. Good luck with your fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #3 
caliroze

Thanks dramaqueen. I looked on the ingredients list of Betta Fix through the Petco web site and it's a completely different thing -- Betta Fix is an antibiotic for signs such as "red ulcers, frayed or torn fins, slimy patches or cottony growths." Sparky has none of those problems.

Here is the link to my previous thread.

http://www.fishforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=20238
caliroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm wondering, if he shows no outward signs of being sick, like torn fins, white patches etc, if maybe he's constipated, since he hasn't eaten for 11 days.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote