New batch of fry!!!

Proud parents:
Name:  violetred.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  50.9 KB
Name:  female2ndbreed.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  34.3 KB

I can't tell how many fry. They are "hair stage" today. Dad made two bubble nests--one inside the cup and one to the side of it. I can see the side ones better. He's been busy, running all around. So, I have two successful breeds, thus far.

And, now..for my new baby, who came with a free female, but I don't have a picture..she is white, with red, white and green tint on her fins. Here here is and is happily is in his new 5 gallon tank:

Name:  newbabybutterfly.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  48.7 KB
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:50 AM   #2 
shimagoma

ooo so fancy! *subscribed* where did you get your males from? I love the symmetry
shimagoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:31 PM   #3 
Mahsfish

Males pattern is messy but with that female who knows what colours they will be. Anal is a tad bit long and the male has a step in his dorsal. Female has red wash. Both have decent ventrals. This other male has poor finage in web rediction, they arenot clean cut, and he also has a bad step in his dorsal. But really nice ventrals
Mahsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #4 
wish4coner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimagoma View Post
ooo so fancy! *subscribed* where did you get your males from? I love the symmetry
I got them on ebay from a breeder. I am not looking to show. I love the breed and enjoy working with them. And, without wanting to show, or sell as show quality, I think they are all gorgeous fishies. :)
Old 05-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #5 
wish4coner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahsfish View Post
Males pattern is messy but with that female who knows what colours they will be. Anal is a tad bit long and the male has a step in his dorsal. Female has red wash. Both have decent ventrals. This other male has poor finage in web rediction, they arenot clean cut, and he also has a bad step in his dorsal. But really nice ventrals
I appreciate your help and criticism. I am not trying to show. I am actually making sure I research and learn to breed, as well as take the best care of my bettas as possible. I am doing well, I feel, with breeding. My next step, once I learn more, is to maybe show. I am not sure if that is a step I want to do next.

I am looking forward to this batch of fry as, I have watched my first batch grow and they have come along amazingly. No deaths..I hope I can say the same for this one as, there appears to be three times as much. :)

TY for your help. It's appreciated.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #6 
bettafishlover101

The female is GORGEOUS, even with the red.. :D

I too, breed, but not for show :D I simpily love my fish, have a full blown fish room, and over 20 bettas, not to mention, fry!

Good luck breeding, it sure is a rewarding experience. :D
bettafishlover101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #7 
aquagreen

I don't know anything about show quality fish. I just think these guys are gorgeous and I will watch this thread eagerly to see how it all pans out. :)
aquagreen is offline   Reply With Quote