Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #21 
wish4coner

That is my first, which is about, maybe a little under an inch long, at one month and very active. Second one only had egg yolk for the first week. I just want to see if there is any difference in growth rate..either way, they both got fed very good foods..just have read, in different places that others have noticed growth rate faster with egg yolk than with just worms--bbs gets a lot of mixed reviews.
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #22 
Clayton1089

Yeah I know I've heard good and bad about bbs butim using those and egg yolk for this spawn. So your first spawn using bbs had a good growth rate?
Clayton1089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #23 
wish4coner

Yes, excellent and very active...no losses. So far, second spawn did the same with the egg yolk first, and now, all just different worms. I am seeing no difference yet..will know more after this week, though..and I may have a 3rd spawn but unsure as, it's bubble wrap and I cant see..and dad only spends a little time under there. If it isn't a spawn, I may retire him. I think he has issues.lol
Old 05-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #24 
Clayton1089

Well good I have something to look forward to! My spawn is 10 days right now so I want them to grow fast! And maybe he is to old?
Old 05-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #25 
wish4coner

Well, he is only 5 months and I get all the males from the same breeder...I have no clue but, he isn't doing his job! lol
Old 05-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #26 
Clayton1089

Hmmm... Just not into it? Haha have you tried other females?
Old 05-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #27 
wish4coner

Yes...this is the 4th try...I will wait another 24 hours...that will be the 72...see if those are black specks in the bubble wrap or...who knows what else. :)
Old 05-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #28 
Clayton1089

Or take him out and recondition them?
Old 05-26-2013, 03:44 AM   #29 
wish4coner

Day 16--Fry amazingly are showing a pinkish color on many--not sure if this is going to be mostly reds/pinks or not. Did not expect to see color this early so, was a bit shocked when I went to feed.

Cleaned tank and added 44 oz of water to put back in. Fed MW and WW. Did not do daphnia today as, the frozen seemed to accumulate at the bottom. Will feed before I go to bed.

Set up grow out tank for first batch of fry. Will let that cycle for a day or two. Added aquatic plants (low light) and made a moss ball design out of a former fluval chi waterfall mountain. Added 2 curled bamboo sticks as well since the water level is still at less than 3/4. Tank is set to 82 degrees.

Once first fry are in the grow out tank, I am starting a larger tank, with sponge filters this week. They should be moved shortly. Noticed 2 losses when cleaning tank. Still have more fry than I can count, however. They are very active and some stay on bottom while many others are towards the top.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:22 AM   #30 
wish4coner

Day 19--Fry still showing a pinkish/redish color under light. Very active and going after food easily now. I did a cleaning of the bottom but, with the ability to feed more, there was little to clean up. I moved the heaters to the side of the tank, horizontally to give them more space at the bottom.

I have two Java plants in there and they seem to really like to congregate by them. They also still enjoy picking at the moss, where food is settling. No more losses and they are active. I added a little water with IAL. They have been fed daphnia (which they ate up) and MW/BW/WW today. Growing like weeds :)