Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #1 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
Weird Dreams/nightmares

This is sort of based off of another thread. ( hope Im not copying) So what weird dreams have you people had? I have had WAY too many to put here put here. Lets just say some involved dancing marshmallows, weird shrek folk, punk rock hobbits, and chairs leading to a pit of fire to name a few.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh god, Dreams. This is like my most favorite subject and my least.

I suffer from having very extended and detailed dreams every single night. It's difficult because sometimes they take over my day so I have to remember not to think about them too much.

But some of mine have included my Betta's of course, there was one time I was being a surrogate mother for a rabbit and had her babies for her, I dream lots about old ruins and flying, I fly in nearly all my dreams. I dream about gender bending as well, carnivals that let you ride backwards, about my art crits and just leaving my artwork around, about different worlds entirely, and there is usually lots of water in my dreams as well as some odd dinosaur or monster things.

Yeah, I dream too much some times ><
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #3 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
I love dreams too!

I dream about being in the wilderness as a wolf, sometimes and about my betta dying for some reason (possibly because SOMEONE'S brother wants to kill it...) and many other things I usually forget about really quickly...
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #4 
Tigersoul101

I'm the dreamlord!

According to my parent’s research very few people are able to almost regularly identify and control their dreams, and yet I’m one of them. And with that, a crazy person= crazy dreams.
Tigersoul101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigersoul101 View Post
I'm the dreamlord!

According to my parentís research very few people are able to almost regularly identify and control their dreams, and yet Iím one of them. And with that, a crazy person= crazy dreams.
Lucid dreaming, yup I do that too! I love to Lucid Dream as well, so we are the Dream Lords haha
Old 05-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #6 
Tigersoul101

Awesome! Although a werid thing about my lucid dreaming is that I can't change the 'plot line' of the dream. I can add in things or slightly change it, but I can't change the tone of it. Like I could have a dream about my betta fish and then I could add in that it was raning cats, but it'll come back to the fish. It's so strange and really horriable with it comes to nightmares...*Shivers*
Old 05-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #7 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
Sometimes I can control my dreams when their good, which is why so many involve betta fish and LOTR, but when Im having a nightmare... Im way to scared to think about control! Also I heard that in nightmares if you look in a mirror something clicks in your brain and you can control it...?
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #8 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Dunno. You need to FEEL yourself in the dream when you're lucid dreaming. I'm trying to get better at lucid dreaming cause I can't always take control even though I feel myself in the dream...
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #9 
Tigersoul101

I've never had a mirror (or one that I don't remember) in any of my dreams, so I'm not sure. I've always had an awareness of when I'm in a dream. I think there may have been times though when I'm unable to recognize that it is a dream.

My nightmares are quite scary, I'll try to add in things that'll lighten the mood, but then those things get destroyed or killed and it'll break my heart 'cause often they'll be my cats or my fish. Thankfully I don't get them often.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #10 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah lucid dreaming isn't being aware that you are in a dream, it's literally being aware and being able to control every aspect in it. It's very much like day dreaming, which I do all the time anyway.

But idk, I had some people tell me that they could lucid dream and they just said they were aware they were dreaming and I was just like *insert facepalm here* and had to explain what Lucid dreaming actually was and not what they thought it was.

Hmm never heard of the mirror thing, I'll have to pay attention a little bit more haha

I must be lucky, I haven't had a nightmare in years! I wonder if it's because I'm such a happy person...well most of the time haha I'm sure that has nothing to do with it and what's on the outside :)

The only nightmarish things that I have had recently were those little dreams you drop off to at first and you are running or something and you trip or fall and it like jolts you awake? Yeah I had one where I was driving at night and this, what looked like a teenage girl, was running out of the woods and ran straight into my car. Yeah that woke me up, scared me big time. But that's the only one I've had in a few years as well.