Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-11-2013, 03:10 AM   #1 
Stone

Todays prjects that ended up sweet,

We have several planted tanks, well actually all of them are, if you have seen them they are all pretty nice, but have you ever had to do one project and you decide to do a bit more with everything else? Well we had been wanting a RCS tank red cherry shrimp tank for those that don't know. We found an awesome deal on some from someone local we got 40 for 30 bucks, but thats beside the point, and set up a meet for today, I got off of work at 7 am and we rushed to knoxville to make our rounds and meet up with this guy we got all the stuff we needed to do some major rescaping on my 46 gal and I just was not happy with it even though it was beautiful it was just a mess, so fast forward past the shopping for supplies and getting the shrimp and getting home at noon and lets get into the projects for the day, more happened during the day(can't go into it otherwise this intro will be 100 pages long.

Project one, red cherry shrimp tank
Name:  shrimp tank.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  87.8 KB
This is our new shrimp tank used filter from QT tank and plants clippings from all of our tanks to get it going and tank water from my 46 gal to help establish a cycle, I know the shrimp might not take it so well in a perfect world I would have had this tank set up and running and cycled for a few weeks beforehand but alas I didn't I know the blue sand is a bit ugly but it was 75% off and it's just a shrimp tank....
Name:  shrimp 2.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  92.8 KB

Project 2 my 46 gallon tank I love my big tank but there were some things I did not like, I did not like the chunk or coral I had in it, it was a snail breeding ground, my 3 catfish hid under it to be rarely seen and well there just was not enough open space in it plus I needed a feeding area with tiny substrate for the corys......here is a youtube of that tank from like a week or so ago...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCd71Xv8Kv0 and here is a pic of it now all rescaped...
Name:  rescape.jpg
Size:  115.2 KB
Will do an updated vid once things fill in....

Project 3 while we were out getting supplies at petco we happened to be looking at bettas of course and well we had gotten a rescue from this one last week for free but he was too far gone and did not make it but were still looking for another king/giant that being said they know us fairly well at this petco and they sold us a new king for .99, yes that's right 99 cents, here is his new tank and him as well meet Harley in his completely new tank.
Name:  harley2.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  83.2 KB
another pic
Name:  harley.jpg
Size:  94.9 KB

Project 4 this is our current king/giant Elvis we did some re-arranging of his tank just because it looked sloppy and well he is the king after all....Name:  elvis.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  119.1 KB

Ok so this was todays projects we finished around 7 pm been a long long long day but the results were worth it, but I sure do not feel like doing it again and know I am going to do some rescaping on my sorority tank soon......Sorry for all the dirty glass but yeah I am too tired to care right now lol
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #2 
itzBlitz

nice work, cant wait to see when they fill in.
itzBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #3 
Mashiro

Oh cool, are you planning to sell your RCS after they start to breed?
Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #4 
Stone

yes I am once I get enough going for all of my tanks and a 2nd 10 gal shrimp tank
Old 05-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #5 
Mashiro

Sweet, I'm totally in the market for some RCS once you get things going. I'm in the process of setting up a 10g and I need some later once everything is cycled, so I'm in no hurry. :3
Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #6 
SerenaRena
Banned

ooh i love the blue betta!
SerenaRena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #7 
Stone

the one in the last pic is elvis my king/giant betta he is a very handsome boy and is my favorite of all my bettas