Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #1 
xst3ph90x

HELP!!!

When i first got my beloved betta, Sushi, he was a blue color, now it seems to be turning purpleish or reddish, but near his face its becoming black.
I don't know if there's something wrong, I've treated him with Bettafix, and he's more active now, but his color hasn't changed. the fins near his face are turning red. I'm not sure if it's fin rot or something else. Is this normal?
xst3ph90x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:19 PM   #2 
stephenmontero

yes it is the red come from some of the ingredients in the fish food so what are you feeding him?
stephenmontero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #3 
xst3ph90x

I'm feeding him, Hikari Betta Bio Gold. It's a floating pellet. He's very active, because I just got him a new one gallon tank. I'm just afraid that he's getting fin rot because of the red.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:10 PM   #4 
nav2008

that happened to one of my males after i switched him to hikari betta bio gold... also within the first couple months of getting a betta they can continue changing color, they will also change a bit if they are young.

dont think you should switch foods because of this though, my betta has never been better even if he looks a bit different, he was blue with red on his fins and a black head but now he is green with red fins and a greenish head and a bit of red on his head also but hes been like that for some time and has not been ill at all. i feed it to all my fish so maybe it just effects some?
nav2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:52 PM   #5 
LEMONDROP

HI There,
I don't think there is anything wrong with your fish, you have him on a food that is very good, and it does have some colour enhancers in which means that it will bring out lots of beautiful sometimes odd colours in your fish, this is normal, he will eat that and be happy on that once he has gotten used to it, so i would carry on with it now you have started it, it really is the best one i have found especially for bringing their beautiful colours out.
so stop worrying and enjoy the changes of your beautiful fish
LEMONDROP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:55 PM   #6 
xst3ph90x

ok thank you! Glad to know Sushi is ok. He's like my best friend XP