Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #11 
10asartin

Definitely get the liquid test kit. I had been using the strips too and then realized their readings were way off even though they weren't expired.
10asartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #12 
Canis

I put Mr. Magic in last night, and he is thriving in his new space! I noticed within minutes of acclimating that his colors perked up; his blues and reds deepened, and his green has more of a glimmer than before in the unheated .5 gallon. He loves to flare at me when I come through the door and did a cute little dance when he saw me coming with the food container. I see little groups of bubbles floating around, but I think there is too much surface tension for a full nest to form. He is loving it though!
Canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #13 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10asartin View Post
Definitely get the liquid test kit. I had been using the strips too and then realized their readings were way off even though they weren't expired.
yeah Im pretty sure they are off b/c my tap water readings arent much diff than my tank water PLUS my buddy has the same tank set up at the same time and he didnt change the water for almost 3 wks (I finally went over there and did it for him) and his numbers were reading about the same as mine and I have been doing partial changes every few days for the last month so theres got to be something wrong with the strips
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #14 
Canis

Finally got my camera working XD
Old 05-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #15 
themountain
Banned

If I would be him I would suicide right away....glass pearls and a plastic plant...can it get more artificial...? I think not
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #16 
10asartin

themountain, that wasn't very polite.

I think the tank is lovely, but I would watch out for the plastic plant because the sharp points may rip his fins.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #17 
Canis

Thanks 10asartin. I tested the plant before I put it in there. I didn't buy it personally, it came with the tank. I will definitely be updating the decor, and possible planting, once I have some extra money lying around. As well as getting a hood and couple of sponge filters. Just really tight on money right now. Much better than a .5 gal at least.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #18 
10asartin

I highly recommend doing a planted tank. They cost a bit more to get a proper one going, but in the long run you'll have a beautiful tank that is very low maintenance.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #19 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
If I would be him I would suicide right away....glass pearls and a plastic plant...can it get more artificial...? I think not
themountain I would agree that this comment was not very nice and we have rules against commenting this way to the members. Since you are new I am going to ask that you read the rules for the forum and to please follow them. Here are the links to the rules. Thanks for your understanding and pm me or any of the other moderators if you have any questions on the issue or any other.

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/l...m-rules-48202/

Important issues part 2.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:54 AM   #20 
themountain
Banned

I apologize..it was out of line !
But I really get aggravated when people do things like that...I mean all of that :)
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote