Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #21 
Basement Bettas

Well.. maybe. But you can see the faults pointed out in one apply to the others. They are pretty females and a lot of color. If you want to breed show quality, you will need to decide on a color. And solids are pretty much the standard. Then you have bi-color, marbles/grizzles and the multi. But a multi is not something that does not fit the others, a good one has their own standard and it too is a high standard.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #22 
Basement Bettas

You also need to watch for when I get rid of fish. I sell much nicer fish for about $20. And when I need to dump fish they can be had for about $5/each. They are my culls.. no doubt. But they have a bit of red wash or some other color fault. Or the branching is not consistent. BUT.. they have beed bred, often, for generations to have level anals, good spread and branching and more. You can go a lot further on my or another good breeders culls than what you can get on AB most times. You have to be ready when the good ones come as it not not often.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #23 
Deanna01

Oh, I absolutely think the reviews are enormously helpful! Thank you very much. I simply wouldn't have felt comfortable asking for them outright.
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #24 
Deanna01

If it isn't considered impolite, then what do you think of this "green monster" girl? She looks so much like the "Big Monster" I got off Aquabid, and I keep going back to look at her.
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote