Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #41 
Deanna01

It's hard to get a picture of the sorority all together, but here's a try. :)
Attached Images

Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #42 
Deanna01

I am amazed at how astoundingly happy these girls seem so far. No more fussing with each other at all, already, and they're all exploring all over the tank. :) I'm loving them and want more for the sorority already!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #43 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

That's awesome! I got to tell you though, that's how mine started out. Everything was peachy and then a week later the nipping started! I mean, no one got hurt or nothing, but I could see the difference. Maddie is actually in QT right now...not sure what happened but she hit her head on something...could have been the heater, filter, driftwood, breeder net for the Platy fry....so she's in there right now healing up that wound and hopefully healing her fins while we're at it since she's the lowest on the totem pole.

But don't fear! They're still doing wonderfully and everything else is all good!

We have a 29 gallon at my moms that's waiting to be set up once we sell the piano! I hope I can do another sorority in there :D I think my mom wants a Dwarf Gourami and some tetras or something but I hope I can convince her for the Betta's, it would just give me an excuse to rescue some more girls, heal them up and make a sorority....or get them from Aquabid lol

I still love your sorority and the best of luck with it! :D
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #44 
AyalaCookiejar

Ahhhhhhhhhh I so want to snatch that third girl from you D:

I just started my sorority April 1st :) lilnaugrim is right, you'll probably see some nipping, if not right away, but it should be just fine. Most experienced sorority keepers here will tell you not to mess with things and the girls should sort it out on their own... And it's mostly true.

I add vitachem to my tanks to help the fins of the girls who have nipped tails but MOST of the damage is just those straight tears that heal in a day. I still see some fin damage, but not too much, and for the most part they get along fine while I'm watching them besides a few short chases. I really like to lay on my bed and sit still... When they see me, they all crowd to the front corner of the tank but when I sit very still and don't let them see me I get to see them exploring the tank like they do when I'm not around ^_^

Hehe, I'm sneaky. :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #45 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Haha I do the same thing Ayala! Just sit on my bed and watch them, although half the time they still see me >< Even my cory's come up to greet me sometimes!! It's cute ^^

Oh having a plastic breeder box will help too for bully's since you don't want to actually remove them from the sight of the other girls, just a time out :) I've only had to do that once so far! But for the most part, you can stay out of it until you see someone starting to inflict a lot of damage or something, then you can step in, but they'll figure it out eventually ;D

(Sorry if you already knew the above info)
Old 05-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #46 
AyalaCookiejar

I'm lucky to have never had to give anyone a time out, although when Lotus got some buoyancy issues from over-eating I believe, I did bag her just for a few seconds so I could feed the others.

They're so weird. All of them but Lotus crowd into the corner when I feed them, so when I spread out the food, 5 of the girls only get the food in that ONE CORNER and Lotus goes around and gets the rest of the food that's NOT in that corner. So that's why she had SBD issues -_- She's also the only one who will eat the pellets as they're sinking.

She's always been my "loner" girl. When I first introduced them, she found a little corner for herself and swam around there. The other girls couldn't see her so she didn't get disturbed.

I guess I got lucky. Lotus and Stella are my two EE siblings, Daihatsu, Ascari, and Kuraokami are my dragon siblings, and Mercy, my purple girl with no siblings, is my "peacemaker". She's the only one the aggressor won't chase. She'll break up fights but she won't chase/nip others unless they're aggressive first.

<3
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #47 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah that's the same with my girl Little Blue, she only eats the sinking pellets lol, but I make sure enough sink so she can get them.

I was also lucky because 6 of my girls came from the same breeder so I assume same spawn since they're all about the same age. But they've always been together, that much I know, so I don't generally have too much issues with them. And then the three other girls were all PetCo/Petsmart girls but they get along fine :)
Old 05-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #48 
Deanna01

It's so hard to get pictures of them! That room has a lot of glare.

Here are a few, though. :)
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #49 
Deanna01

Here's another:
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #50 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Beautiful! Yeah my room has glare as well, such a pain!