Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #1 
iamntbatman

Betta Sorority

My girlfriend wants to set up a standard 10g tank as a betta sorority. I'm thinking heavily planted, natural rock caves, and plenty of driftwood. She was going to put 6 or so variously colored female bettas in there. I know several of you out there have done this successfully, so do you have any tips? Should we attempt to have distinct hiding places for each fish, or will this encourage territoriality? Also, do female bettas get as bugged by current as males? I ask because she wants to put an overpowered HOB on the tank for good measure, and we figure it'll probably be ok since the fins are much smaller.
iamntbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #2 
nav2008

i just got my sorority set up after several questions so okiemavis. its 30 gallon with 3 caves and a couple plants, whisper filter set on the low flow and 4 girls. i just watched them at first because one of the females was more agressive and was trying to attack one of the others, i hve 2 vts that chased each other for a while but no nipping was involved. my agressive one beat up my ct in the cave where i could not see them but there was (at least no sign of it) no fighting after the first day, i never have trouble with some getting too much food or anything, actually it was really easy... just watch them alot the first couple days.
nav2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #3 
nav2008

i think they would be bothered by the harder flow, sorry for nto including that earlier, i have one who likes it but when my filters not set on low it pretty much blows them away, they are not strong very swimmers lol.
nav2008 is offline   Reply With Quote