Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #11 
colouratura

Any updates on the fish situation? Hope you were successful in at least getting the goldies out.
colouratura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #12 
cheylillymama

Oh Im sorry, I forgot to update you guys!
my fil kidnapped the goldfish and brought them to me. They are living happily in the local museums indoor pond now! :D

And she finally let me in there to clean the tank! Woot!
Chucked all the old nasty gravel and switched to a sand bottom. Remove all rotten bamboo,and two of the larger cichlids and rehomed them in my husbands 55 gal.
her remaining fish are in much better health and they have some live plants, light and me doing weekly water changes now.

She was finally talked into it after my father in law threatened to donate the whole tank. Lol.
cheylillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #13 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Hooray! Success!! Well that is certainly exciting! I'm so happy she was finally pressured into it lol, it's for the good of the fish ^^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #14 
sareena79

Glad u got to makes some much needed changes and those fish are doing better. I feel your pain. my buddy got a gorgeous dragonscale betta the same time I got my MG boy. We have identical 5g filtered tanks and they have been up and running about 6-7wks now. I have been doing all the needed water changes for a fish in cycle and so far my Chum-Chum is looking great but poor Tobey (my buddy's fish) is going downhill fast. I tried to tell him what needed to be done and even gave him the link to this page but hes stubborn as a mule and thinks having a filter means he doesnt have to clean the tank. The only time it was cleaned about about 3 wks ago when I did it myself. so that means it ran almost a month with no cleaning and has now been going 3wks since I did it. His poor tail is all shredded and showing signs of rot and he just looks so depressed. I feel terrible. If I go over there this week and he hasnt cleaned his tank Ima do it for him I guess.
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #15 
cheylillymama

Aww how awful!
I hope he wises up before poor tobey dies. :(
cheylillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #16 
sareena79

yeah his wife said shes tried to tell him about it and he wouldnt listen so she gave up but did SHE do anything about it, HECK NO! her defense was "well I take care of the hamster, the fish was his idea so its his problem" Im like really dude yall are gonna be that petty and let an animal suffer b/c of sheer laziness....so looks like I will be doing water changes when I go over there
Old 05-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #17 
Auburn Sakura

That's great chillylillymama! :D And I'm sorry about the poor fish sereena 79, that's just awful. I hope he can survive and I hope the tank with be better kept up. D:
Auburn Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #18 
sareena79

so I think Im finally getting thru to my buddy about his tank. he came over and saw Chum the other night and knowing that out fish have the same tank and are the same age from the same breeder finally realized that my fish was thriving while his was dying. he agreed to do a 100% water change to get the current "funkies" out and maintain with weekly 50% changes after that and is considering a heater but hes stubborn so Ima keep on him about that. he had to see how much better my fish was to to realize he was neglecting his by only changing his water every 4-6wks (5g)
Old 06-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #19 
colouratura

Yay! So glad to hear that. Must make you really happy to finally be getting somewhere with him on this issue.
colouratura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:50 AM   #20 
Taeanna
Reference Team

It reminds me of the time a friend of ours went on holiday and left his dog with us for three weeks. She had a mange problem and her claws here overgrown awfully making her limp. Plus she was so starved for attention she cried and barked constantly. The very next day after he left she was booked into the vet and then into our local dog groomer shortly after. he came back to a spotless, fluffy, energetic little sweetheart, he fur was even growing back!

We went to visit him a month later to discover she had a new kennel, new blankies, new diet...and got a daily dose of attention. I feel many people don't realize until they really see what a change a little love can make.
Taeanna is offline   Reply With Quote