Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #21 
cheylillymama

Oh man. Poor fish
cheylillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #22 
JellOh

You could probably take the snail and common pleco to a local fish shop and exchange them for the medicine you need. Unless you want to set up a tank for them while you help your female. Preferably a 125+ gallon tank.
JellOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #23 
Trunkzdbz

I am happy to announce that my female betta named pearl A.K.A The Lady is doing much better, after fasting for two days her belly has gone down a little I believe her body to be reabsorbing the eggs, she is very active and loves to swim around in her warm tank cause I keep the water at a steady 80% for them. I believe she is going to pull through fine. Thank you every one out there who helped me save her, and I will be posting new pictures of her slimming down today, so be attentive of this thread if you would like to see Pearl A.K.A The Lady wonderful recovery from being egg bound.

Last edited by Trunkzdbz; 05-15-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Trunkzdbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #24 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Glad to hear, the male is out of the 5 gallon right? If he is, then good, none of your other girls will become Eggy either.

She was not "egg-bound" but just eggy, meaning full of eggs that were waiting to be fertilized. Being "Egg-Bound" is something very different, however given the conditions, there might be a chance that she could become Egg-Bound if the male was kept in the tank and she was unhealthy. I will stop talking now, in hopes that you did take my advice.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #25 
Trunkzdbz

Heres the new pic of her I took about 5 minutes ago http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/f...php#aImage7809 its the last two bottom pictures on the right those are the new ones of her looking thinner, you can clearly see that her belly is going down, and yup the male is in my 1 gallon he seems ok with it, sometimes I feel bad having him in there, but I had to do it to save Pearl.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #26 
Trunkzdbz

I wanted to let every one know, on the 24th of this month I will be purchasing the Aquaeon Deluxe 29 Gallon Kit. When I buy that huge tank for $150.00 in Petland Discounts will it be ok to put the male back in with the females, because it should be big enough right? My Pleco is already 3 inch's long and he needs the bigger tank also, I love my lil pleco; Mr. Clean I call him lol!

Last edited by Trunkzdbz; 05-15-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #27 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thank you very much for listening to my advice, it helps me rest at night :) I'm really not kidding you! Haha :D

I'm glad Pearl is feeling better! If you want Mr. Betta to be even more happier, you could get him a 3 gallon tank at Wal-mart for a pretty cheap price that comes with a filter, all you need is a heater! Here's the one I have: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-LED-...-Pets/20693135 of course, I got mine on sale for 21 dollars, but it's a fairly decent tank! I like the lights too.

And I think this is the tank you have already? If not, here's something that would REALLY make him happy! http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Cultu...-Pets/20693704
If you put a snail in there with him, he would be oh so happy! I could tell you, one of my boys was in a 3 gallon and he hated it, swimming back and forth all day long and all night long sometimes too! Until I put him in the 5.5 gallon, now he absolutely loves it!! I can't even express how much he loves it :D But don't worry, he'll be very happy to be by himself and to see you everyday. They like their humans too haha

Oh, if you get the 29, no it wouldn't be good for him to go in with the girls again because your girls will get Eggy again. And you definitely don't want that too happen, it doesn't matter how much space you give them. The male should never be with the female, it's just very unhealthy for them and you don't want unhealthy bettas, right? :)
Old 05-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #28 
Trunkzdbz

OK keep them separated no matter what will do.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #29 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yes, thank you :) You just saved your Bettas, and you, a whole lot of trouble! It's safe to say, I think you're learning a lot on this site which is great! I'm happy your girls are doing better too!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #30 
Trunkzdbz

I really am learning lots, thank you all so much, I feel so comfortable knowing I can turn to such a knowledgeable fishy community when ever I need some help.