Wonderful! That's what we're here for! :D
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #32 
Corsica

Thumps up that Lady is doing better!
Corsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #33 
Trunkzdbz

Great news every one I just got my new tank, it's dimensions are 36 L, 12 W, 17 H, can some one tell me how many gallons that is? I thinks it's 35, but am not sure, it will take me a couple of days maybe two weeks to get it ready, I'm ordering a UV light to keep the water crystal clear, an Aqua Clear 50, A 200 watt heater, more Banana plants, pink gravel which I love because it makes the tank fish pop in color, and a stand I need for it, so how many gallons is my new tank? See my new tank at this hyper link http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/f...s.php#show7809 its the pic in the middle up top.
Trunkzdbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #34 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Trunkz, we can't see any of those links that you post because they are to your personal page where you are logged in so it won't show up for us. You could try using something like Photobucket to paste the images here to make it easier for us to find your pictures :)

And that is a 30 gallon tank. You should look into taller plants too like larger Amazon Swords and get some root tabs. You can push one tab under the gravel in the middle of the tank so that it fertilizes the plants. But don't use any more than 1, and then replace every 3 months.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #35 
Trunkzdbz

Oh, sorry I thought you could see my pic through my hyperlinks, I'll try the Photobucket way, I really love my new tank and my Pleco is already 4 inch's he's growing so fast he's going to love his new jumbo size tank, I just love my little Pleco.
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/a...97924_full.jpg

Last edited by Trunkzdbz; 05-16-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #36 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay cool!

That's great he's going to have more space to swim around! He's going to love that, just make sure you cycle your tank before you put any fishy friends in there, it might hurt them if you don't!

If you need help figuring out the Fishless Cycle, I would be happy to explain it.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #37 
Trunkzdbz

Nah, I know how to cycle it, thanks though, once its completely done I'll wait 24 hours before putting them in and making sure the temp is exactly as the temp in my 5 gallon from which I will be transferring them, so that don't get stressed, also my driftwood, live rock, gravel, and banana plants are going to cross over all the bacteria they have already grown on them into my new tank, trust me I'm taking my time on this one, I want everything to be perfect, once my tank is done I will upload pictures and a video so all of you my fishy friend community buddies can see and enjoy my fishy kingdom.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #38 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh you mean the 24 hour cycle? That's actually not a cycle. However you are right with the banana plants and other various things bringing over bacteria. Even still, if you want to add them in right away, I suggest you should get this thing: Tetra Safe Start. It makes the water safe for your fish while the tank cycles.

Cycling is the process of growing beneficial bacteria, which I'm sure you know. But it takes a month to successfully grow that bacteria, even if you are bringing over old filter media, plants and driftwood :)

I'm glad you are taking your time though, it will certain help your fish!!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #39 
Trunkzdbz

Guys I need help, I just bought this hood brand new off Ebay, will it fit my new tank dimensions are 36 L, 12 W, 17 H http://www.ebay.com/itm/350727124363...84.m1439.l2649
Old 05-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #40 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

No hun, it won't. That hood is 30 inches and your tank is 36 inches. Email the people you bought it from to see if you can cancel the order.

If you're ever uncertain about something you should always ask before you buy it :)

Instead of getting a hood, you could buy some LED lighting like this: http://www.thatpetplace.com/marinela...&category=2786 which will stretch to fit your tank. You don't necessarily need a cover for it but if it's a rectangular tank you could find some glass canopy's easily.

I don't have a cover for two of my tanks and I've never had a problem with a Betta jumping from them, just keep the water line down about an inch or so. I keep mine at 2 1/2 inches.