Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #51 
Trunkzdbz

OK, I'm always here listening, I thought Danios would be good tank mates for my Bettas at least that's what this website said. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=45136 Please read comment number 3 and tell me if he's wrong?
Trunkzdbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #52 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I just want to make sure, I know advice has been given in the past where you didn't exactly follow it, such as the Male being in with the Females. But that's over and done with, I'm not trying to bash you or hurt you or anything! I just simply want to help :)

If you read the comment below #3 you will see that people do not advise some of those combinations. Definitely read comment #8

I mean...you can try them if you really want to, just know that many people have not had luck with those combinations :)
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #53 
Agent13
Reference Team

Out of my experience even my betta who is ok with other fish in his tank seemed stressed out by the danios in the tank next to him. I had to put a towel between the tanks so my betta could relax. I admit. I couldn't live with them either lol. They are super hyper and crazy.
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #54 
Trunkzdbz

Your my buddy Lilnaugrim, I am so lucky to have you here to help me, we have been communicating all day and I so appreciate it, you don't have to take your time out to help me, but all ways do, your my friend and well I know some times I make crazy fish combinations, but that's just my excitement to have new fishys, I wish I could have all the fishys in the world I love them so much, but I guess it's trial and error sometimes, I mean some fishys that seem like they won't get along sometimes work out great right, so I'll try and see if I can mix it up a bit, hey if worse comes to worse I can always take some fish out of my 30 gallon, and put them in my 5 gallon, right?
Trunkzdbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #55 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm just happy to help out and teach new things Trunkz.

And I know the feeling, I was excited when I got my 10 gallon too and thought I could put whatever I wanted in there! But what I did put in there ended up dying from a very bad case of Columnaris, all 10 fish ended up dying bad deaths :( And it was my fault for not doing better research on it :(

But you are right, some people have extreme luck when putting fish together, I'm not saying you shouldn't listen to our suggestions.

Generally it's good to listen to others who have tried those combinations before and look at if it did or didn't work out. Like Agent13 said up there, danios are super hyper and need lots of room to swim, even those Glo Danios (who are super expensive anyway )

As for putting things back in your 5 gallon, I would definitely not suggest putting a whole school of danios in there lol, or really any other school. So if things don't work out, you could put your four girls back in there and that would be good, and then let the danios and whatever other fish have the 30 gallon all to them selves!

I'm not sure if I showed you this site or not yet, but it's a good calculator for your tank to see how much it could maybe hold: http://aqadvisor.com/
So just put in your tank dimension from the drop down menu and then your filter(s) and then put in the fish you want!
It's great because it tells you how much you need to do a water change every week and how much your tank can hold. Preferably keep the Stocking levels under 100% to give you some wriggle room if anything does go wrong. And then keep your Maximum filtration above 100% to make sure your filter(s) can handle all those fishy's :)
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote