Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #11 
Darkicydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
It's okay to be worried (good really, means you actually care about your fishy friend!). It's very hard not to worry about a fish when it doesn't seem to feel well because there are so few symptoms and the ones they have likely overlap into other diseases.

I would wait on feeding him for a day or so (he won't starve, they can do a week or more without eating). Do you have some decor in there like silk plants and maybe a cave or other hiding area? Some bettas are stressed by large open areas in their tank. If you have any API Stress Coat you can definitely use some, it won't hurt. If you don't have any then don't worry about it. I would wager he'll be perking up in a day or two. My new betta sulked for a few hours before coming out.
Yeah there are a lot of silk plants in his tank. He even has a little cave. He has a lot of plants and things to hide in. <3

well... thats good to know I am pretty worried I'm scared he wont make it through then night since he seems so fragile....

and yeah, I wasnt gonna bother trying to feed him for a day or 2
Darkicydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #12 
Darkicydevil

HELPPPP he is just laying at the bottom of my tank!!! He is breathing but he isnt moving!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #13 
Kithy

What is the temp of the water? It's possible he is just sleeping.
Kithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #14 
Darkicydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
What is the temp of the water? It's possible he is just sleeping.
78, he must have been sleeping cause hes swimming now though he swims awful slowly. but he has been attacking and chasing his reflection for 2 hours now
Old 05-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #15 
Kithy

That's okay, eventually he'll realize it's nothing he can get to and forget about it. Keeps him entertained at the least ^^
Kithy is online now   Reply With Quote