Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #1 
Pord

Please HELP Me!

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to look at my pathetic questions...
I have just barely started caring for Beta fish and I find them very interesting and would like to do a better job for caring for them,

What is the best time of day to feed a betta?
Aslo, is there anyway to get a halfmoon beta without there being a male HM and a female HM invloved in the mating process.
Pord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #2 
nav2008

i feed mine morning and night 2 pellets am and 2 pm on pellet days once a week they get fasted, once a week they get frozen food (thawed of course) and once a weekt ehy get freeze dried blood worms or unshelled frozen pea. sooo....4 days a week pellets, 1 frozen, 1 bw or pea....

as for the hm, if you have a delta or superdelta those are prettymuch hms that dont have a wide enough tail span and may produce fry that are hms.
nav2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:56 PM   #3 
Meatpuppet

if its pellets, feed said proportions, 2 in morning 2 in the evening.
if its flakes 1 portion (as much as will eat in ONE minuite) in the morning and a portion in the evening.
and as said agiain frozen bloodworms/brineshrimp once a week is a good treat to keep your betta happy.
i would just use the pea if your betta either looks bloated, or you havent seen him poo or seen poo at the bottom of your tank for a while.

getting a halfmoon? you cant really get a fish without the whole nature thing.
but if your not experienced for breeding, you can just buy one. usally LFS's dont sell HM's so your best bet is the internet. aquabid.com is an exelent place.
Meatpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:58 PM   #4 
tmz

i feed mine at 7 in the morning and then around 10 at night. and they get a no food day on sunday.
tmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #5 
Pord

Thank you. I have one more question about Halfmoons. PetCo...I know most here don't approve of PetCo. But, they had 3 halfmoon males...They looked like females though??? Are they really supposed to be that small?
Old 09-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #6 
Meatpuppet

well they could be young and they're fins havent fully grown yet... or females for that matter and the pet store made a mistake. i know its highly improbable but a picture will help
Meatpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

A neighbor of a friend of mine got a beautiful blue half moon at Feeders Supply a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, she ended up killing him because she wouldn't take our advice on how to take care of him. She cleaned his bowl with SOAP and ended up with a dead fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #8 
Pord

Soap! Ouch. Thank you. You guys are helping me very much. I can try to get a picture :P. Is there any other way I could know?