Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #21 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

That's great LittleDeer! It sounds to me like he's injured, keep the water very clean and if you have access to; use some Stress Coat Conditioner to hopefully help heal him up if he is injured.

On the flip side, if it's a deformity but it's not hindering him, or not much, he should be fine :)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #22 
LittleDeer

He does seem to be a bit stressed out. He kind of separates himself for short periods of time and seems to be "breathing" a little bit faster than the others. But when the rest go digging around for food he follows them and does join their little huddles now and again. I have seen him get to the surface of the water once, he just has to work a bit harder to get up and isn't as quick as the others. I really hope the one nub he has is able to grow back, though. The other fin definitely won't since there is absolutely no remnant of it. Right now I'm just a little bit worried because he seems stressed. I don't have any Stress Coat currently, but the next time I'm able to get out to the store I'll grab some. I did a water change yesterday morning so I think it should be alright for today. I also want to make sure he's able to get enough food since he's slower than the others and they all get very excited when I throw food in and all crowd up.

I am very glad that Benny doesn't seem to mind the new additions though. Although he seems a bit confused by the fact that I moved his skull cave he sleeps in to the other end of the tank. He keeps looking around where it was trying to figure out what happened. At the very least he knows something is definitely different besides the Cories. He's been exploring more than he usually does too.
LittleDeer is offline   Reply With Quote