Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #101 
Fenghuang

Just got back from a school event. I'm completely wiped out. I'll continue working on more pieces tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your wonderful patience. It is very much appreciated.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #102 
percyfyshshelley

Am I understanding correctly that you are doing MORE drawings? If so please I want one! I'll post a pix in a sec. But please take your time and don't exhaust yourself! And if you're filled up no prob still enjoying this thread!
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #103 
LucidSong

Your work is very much appreciated. Waiting for your work is no problem.
LucidSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #104 
justmel

Put your feet up and relax a night Feng. You deserve it. Your art is worth waiting for.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #105 
ArrowheadShark

Out of curiosity - how long, do you think, it takes you to do one of the linearts? I love the detailing on the scales :'D SUCH PATIENCE. I would so love for you to do a picture of Shark for me, but I've yet to take any pictures of him XD'' curses my batteries have gone missing to refill my camera, which eats through batteries like a betta will eat food ._.''' Scarycamerabettathing.
ArrowheadShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #106 
LucidSong

Yeah my digital camera is a battery eater too. Thats why I just use my phone. Get some nice pics if my boys don't move around too much. Sparta is my picture taker. He loves to sit still and pretty for me. But alas he's a bit torn up thanks to February. I think he'll make it. But I have to be careful as he has SBD and most of his fins are gone and I think he's a little stopped up. So once he's better back to pictures and him just being awesome.
LucidSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #107 
ArrowheadShark

LucidSong: Poor baby! ;_; I hope he gets well soon, best of wishes to Sparta. I can't wait to see pictures when he's all better :'D

I just set some little plastic discs that float in Shark's tank after rinsing them off in some tank water. They'll sink if he tips them over - they're from a connect four mini travel-sized game I picked up a while ago. I'm hoping he'll see them as toys and play with them - so far he's just been swimming up to look at them, not really sure what to make of them xD

I'm thinking of turning them into a game - I'd put three of the tiny pellets on three pieces, and he'd have to kncok them over to find his food. Does that sound like a good game idea? I'd need to get a net or something to fish the pieces out, though, since I don't want to stick my hand in his cage anymore than I need too.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #108 
Fenghuang

Thanks, guys. :)

Percy: Yes, I have a few slots open. I'll add you and Arrow to the list.

Arrow: The linearts for these recent drawings have taken me on average thirty minutes to an hour each. Wah's took two hours to ink because I kept messing up and having to redo it. Matt's...well, I didn't do a lineart. I make up the lines as I go. The scaling takes up about a third of the time in the coloured/black and white versions, but I think my drawings look better with scales than not.

Also, I do look up references online (Google) for ideas on certain poses, if anyone is wondering. I can't take credit for those. The poses belong to the original owners of the photos I used.

Lucid: I'm sorry about your little guy. /: I hope he gets better.

One slot left if there are any takers.

*is done

1. wah543 (coloured)
2. Indigo Betta (coloured)
3. Mashiro (coloured)
4. MattsBettas (tribal)
5. BeautifulBetta123 (coloured)

6. justmel (coloured)
7. Darkicydevil (coloured/tribal)
8. trilobite (?)
9. LucidSong (coloured)
10. Janan (coloured)

11. littelboyblu (coloured)
12. Skyewillow (?)
13. percyfyshshelley (?)
14. ArrowheadShark (?)

Last edited by Fenghuang; 05-20-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #109 
ArrowheadShark

Oh, no! You don't have to put me on your list, though I greatly apreciate it :'D I've no pictures to give you as a reference. Maybe I'll go and draw Shark, and give that to you as a reference? XD Heheheee

Weeelll.. goodnight! @w@ 10:53 here, and I'm for beeeedddd~
Old 05-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #110 
percyfyshshelley

Feng, thank you sooooo much. Please take your time and if you get too busy to do mine that's ok. I'll post a pix soon, just have to decide which of my lovlies to immortalized with your art.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote