Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #1 
TwilightNite

What is wrong with Bublé?

Hello all-

I have a halfmoon male named Bublé and today I went to feed him and his entire caudal fin is completely shredded, along with mass amount of color loss and
being very lethargic. On his belly there is a area that is almost white, maybe a pale yellow and it never used to be like that, I put him in a heated half gallon with half a teaspoon of AQ salt and so far I have not seen little to no improvement. Does anyone know what is going on with him? I have attached so pictures below of him to get a more clear picture of what's going on. Sorry if my pictures look out of focus my phone does not take the best quality pictures. If the pictures are too hard to judge off of just let me know and I will try and see if I can get them to be easier to see.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #2 
TwilightNite

Here are a couple more sorry they are gigantic in picture number one you can kind of see the white/yellow thing that's going on and number two is how he was normally before this happened
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #3 
shellieca
Reference Team

Unfortunately the pics don't show what you are refering to very well IMO & a little more information will be needed to help you. What size tank? How long has it been set up? What are the ammonia, nitrite & nitrate readings? Does he have any tank mates? Water change schedule? Is the tank filtered? Heated? Etc.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #4 
TwilightNite

He lives in a 2.5 gallon heated with live amazon sword and his take is cleaned twice a week. (I will admit I have slacked on my water changes a little due to this month being very busy *hides in shame*.) And his tank has been set up since probably March of this year.

Hope this helps a little....