Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #1 
lharpster

Be sure to keep your betta tank or bowl covered.....

Even though I had my betta's tank covered, he still found a small area he could get through and committed fish suicide! I found him in the morning on the carpet! So sad, I feel really bad that this happened. So everyone - especially newbies - keep their home properly covered.
lharpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry to hear about your fish! I have lids on 2 of mine. The other one is in a vase but he couldn't get out of it if his life depended on it. Good advice. Keep all tanks/bowls covered.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #3 
Meatpuppet

thats too bad :(
did you immedietly get rid of him? since bettas can breath air he might have been still alive
that happend to me once, it was a loach but still, i woke up in the morning found him on the tile floor beside the tank. i freaked and went to instanly pick him up... but he was dried out and stuck to the floor. i could see his gills moving and i filled up a spray bottle with tank water and started misting him with water until i was able to get him off the floor with a spatula. then i put him in a net and passed him back and forth through the tank and what do ya know... he had just enough energy to crawl out of the net and get on with his life.
Meatpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote