Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2008, 01:11 PM   #1 
zerlinafish

Ernesto...The amazing healing Betta Boy...

So, I have done NOTHING to the water since Friday, 9/12. I added some silk plants and removed the nano heater. (Yes, I know the "proper parameters" PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME HOW WRONG I AM...his water is consistently staying at about 72-75 degrees now, rather than 79-80 degrees...and you know, these problems for Ernesto began only after adding that heater...Every fish is different, and react to environmental things differently. I will re-introduce it when needed) I also removed the sunken ship, and some waste via a turkey baster. His caudal fin is regenerating...and it looks like his anal fin that broke off is also starting to heal. Yessss...

He LOVES the new plants...very very happy Betta!

Just a little update.
zerlinafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad to hear that Ernesto is doing so well. :D Yes, every betta is different. Thats why they are so special. Keep doing what you are doing and he'll just keep getting better. Good luck!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:24 AM   #3 
Flashygrrl

It's possible that if it's a bacterial fin rot that the lower heat in the tank is slowing down the growth rate of the bacteria, so if you see the problem again when you give him back his heater I would treat it as such. Keeping the temp that low for extended periods of time can make your betta more vulnerable to other diseases so I wouldn't keep it out too long.
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote