Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #1 
zerlinafish

Coveting a half moon....

So I was in a big box pet store today on my way home to pick something up for the kitties. When I go in, I usually peruse the fish...esp the Bettas. Today I saw a yellow male Half Moon Betta fish (they had Vieltail, Crowntail, Deltas and Halfmoons). :o Oooh was he pretty!

Alas, I have neither the room nor the cash for another Betta Setup...If Every one of the fish in my 10 gallon shuffles off their fishy coils...I would get a divider, get the half moon and move Ernesto...but these fish are not going anywhere! :D

However, my Birthday is coming up soon...Hmmm...maybe I will prevail upon Hubby for a fishy prezzie

Anyhow...a light-hearted post from a person who is seconds away from being a Betta addict.

Z-fish
zerlinafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:40 PM   #2 
Meatpuppet

hmm never saw a yellow one :D sounds awsome
were they more expensive than the regular colored ones?
Meatpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:50 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I know what you mean about being addicted. Bettas are VERY addictive. They're like Lays potato chips...you can't stop at one!! I'm currently looking for another fish to replace Blooper. I saw a beautiful white female yesterday at Petsmart, but didn't get her. There were also a couple of crowntail males that looked pretty good. They were flaring like crazy and one had a nice little bubblenest in his tiny little cup.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:16 PM   #4 
zerlinafish

He was $14 like all the other Male Half Moons...oh so pretty
zerlinafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:23 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I paid $11.99 for my crowntail. I got him for my birthday last year, a present from me to me. Haa
Old 09-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #6 
Miss Mila

I too am a Betta addict lol Glad I'm not alone :)

I current;y have two but I am planning for a third one for a x-mas gift to myself. I'm ready for x-mas lol.
Miss Mila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #7 
southafrica1001

haha i am entering the world of a betta addict XD. i wish i could get another. i have two right now (separate tanks) and i had another one (he passed away) so i havent had many but i have space XD
southafrica1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:30 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

There is a new aquatics store that just opened up near me and I'm going to try to get my next betta from there. Its just fish and aquatic life and they don't have bettas in stock but they can order one for me.They can order pairs, too. But I need to decide...male or female, crowntail, half moon or double tail. I can't decide! Maybe one of each! Yeah, right! My Mother would love that! lol
Old 09-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #9 
Vampure

I just got my first one a few days ago (6 to be exact) and went back by the pet store cause his tail got ripped and I was gonna pick up some meds for him. Well while I waited for them to get it for me I made the mistake of looking at the Bettas... A very big mistake... I found three that I want... Of course I have to get a bigger tank for my first one (I have a feeling that I'm gonna spoil this one to the hilt... Maybe more than one is bad for now) Anyway. Ha ha. I have only had one for less than a week and I'm already getting addicted.
Vampure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

I ordered my fish from the aquatics store today! :D I'm so excited! I ordered a half moon male and a crowntail female, if they can get one for me. I have no idea what color they will be though. It really doesn't matter. I'll pick them up sometime next week. :) I can't wait!