Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #1 
Darth

Orange Male V X Red Female V

Hey folks, many of you know I am a breeder, I keep Veiltails around for color preservation because they are an excellent source of the colors going by the wayside because of breeding standards of a certain organization.
How many of you are interested in buying Veils?
Just a question because my latest spawn for non red geno types is under way.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #2 
Darth

Here are the parents to this spawn, as you can see the red female is a real beauty for a veiltail, the male is an orange but his head is red a spawning of these will result in a geneotype that will carry the nin red gene from the male.
The unusual thing is this male has such a smooth look that its hard to see his scales!!

Old 05-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #3 
Darth

This is also the mother of my last red spawn, she produces huge spawns!!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #4 
Fenghuang

I would be very interested. I was actually going to ask if you were planning to sell in the future. I want to start a veiltail line myself later on.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #5 
Darth

Ok Feng, I have a super great red line in the growout tank as we speak, the fins are what I used to see when they were shown so, I breed them to the old US standard.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #6 
Fenghuang

I would not be able to breed them now, but I wouldn't mind keeping one or two as pets. I really do like the long finnage on all the VTs you post pictures of.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #7 
Riverotter

I would be interested. Your pair is beautiful! I've got an orange male and red female I'm conditioning now, and would love more.

It was that orange veiltail male that got my daughter bitten by the fishkeeping bug. And what made my sweet husband finally decide to cave and agree to me having a fish room. (LOL, it saved him from having tanks everywhere) They are contagious little things, aren't they?
Riverotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #8 
MoonShadow

Absolutely interested. I'm planning on spawning a lovely orange butterfly VT male this summer, and I'm still trying to find the perfect lady for him. I've been thinking of using a nice orange girl I have or one of my red/pink 2-4 rayed deltas from Kayla Griffen.

This is my boy!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #9 
Darth

Here is some of my gebetic stock for Veiltail..they are still young and they all have matching females.

This is my Orange and Blue lines

Here is my marble lines, I chose this coloring because it is different, all the young always have these colors just not in the same places.

Dalmation Lines.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #10 
Darth

Here is a shot you can see the color better on my Blue and Orange male.
Sorry for the blur my camera is really messing up!
The color is what I wanted you to see anyway, these fish are by no means show stuff but like I said I am preserving colors
with my Veils, I will straighten them out with a Yellow male I have that has excellent form.

Last edited by Darth; 05-17-2013 at 01:35 AM.