Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #11 
finnfinnfriend

Hey Darth where did you get your orange male and your dalmatian male? They are gorgeous!

Also when will your spawns from each of them be ready and will you be selling the offspring?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:15 AM   #12 
Darth

I have been working those lines out of what I created, I originaly got them from another breeder here in Mich he doesn't have fish anymore because of his health.
Spawns will be available sometime in late June..Funny thing is I never had any intentions of selling the Veils, like I said I just keep them to preserve the colors.
I have a very good Yellow Male that would be a show fish {By the old Standards USA that is} Which is basically the same as HM only with a full Veil.
I use the yellow to intensify certain traits and his form is to die for.
These are in the early stages of being improved so I am working on form next because the colors are there now.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #13 
Darth

You know, I have been talking to alotof IBC folks, and it looks very positive for the Veiltail...all you folks may enter them but you can not send any you buy, they have to be bred by you!
The only way to get these back in the spotlight is to send them to the shows, and I mean a lot of them from what I hear you could have always done that but everyone says people complain but they have yet to see one Veiltail show up!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:58 AM   #14 
Riverotter

They are wonderful!!

Right now, almost ready to spawn I have a pair of blues with orange in the fins. They've no where near the awesome color of yours, but the male actually isn't a veil, he's got lovely form and a perfect spoon tail that I'd like to see more of.

I'd be very interested in any bettas you're selling. My daughter would swoon for an orange dalmation!
Riverotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:04 AM   #15 
Darth

River, that is a good start and if you end up buying from my Blue and orange line, save some of your very best females from this crossing to spawn to the ones from me.
Also, this is the only one that had clean separation like that most were mixed up with bleeding blue into the orange.
It will be this way until a pattern can be established and even then it may not happen.

Last edited by Darth; 05-17-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #16 
Fenghuang

Your marble boy... The colour is very nice. The blue and yellow combination is beautiful. What does the female look like? I would seriously love to have one of their spawn in one of my tanks.

Last edited by Fenghuang; 05-17-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #17 
Darth

His female is a yellow, it is the best choice if you do not have similar female, which I don't buy all the colors will come back with a yellow.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #18 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth View Post
I have been working those lines out of what I created, I originaly got them from another breeder here in Mich he doesn't have fish anymore because of his health.
Spawns will be available sometime in late June..Funny thing is I never had any intentions of selling the Veils, like I said I just keep them to preserve the colors.
I have a very good Yellow Male that would be a show fish {By the old Standards USA that is} Which is basically the same as HM only with a full Veil.
I use the yellow to intensify certain traits and his form is to die for.
These are in the early stages of being improved so I am working on form next because the colors are there now.
How many generations has it taken to get to those guys?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #19 
Darth

About 5 for color I figure to get awesome fins, they aren't horrible just not what I think are good it should take another 2 to see really good form starting.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #20 
Myates

I want to do a true red line of VTs one day.. and a pair from the first pair you have would be awesome.. just have a few lines in the works now, so unsure when I'd get around to them. But I will definitely keep you in mind when I decide to do a VT line.. keep us updated on the spawn of the first pair, I may be interested in a couple :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote