Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2008, 07:56 PM   #1 
Haeclark

Got Blue new tank! Need optinion quick!

Been thinking about it allot...decided to upgrade Blue to 10 gal tank
Blue's Whisper filter was pushing him around a bit...even fully low, making him swim harder when near the filter.
It never seemed to phase him, but this morning I awoke to him with tail rot!

There was also been a weird, almost oily film sitting ontop the water seems since I returned from the weekend camp trip.
Not sure if from the conditioner [Jungle easy start] or residue from filter of the leave in beta food or tropical leave in food I left for both Blue and Ferggie [when she was still here].
When I do my 30% water changes, it doesnt seem to take away any oil like film either, but still not sure if from conditioner, or food residue from filter [food long gone, removed it myself]. Its not at all thick, just almost oily looking.

either way, he now has a bigger, new home, and bought new conditioner [Tera's Beta conditioner]. Got Melafix, and even a couple new fake plants.

There's only one problem...In the hurry of getting everything. plus having my dog with me who was excited from other dogs in Petco at the time...I actually completely spaced buying him his new filter! I cannot get it until tomorrow, as that's when I'll receive the remainder of credit from old tank [still broke, was just making a trade].

Need to know if I should keep him in the temp bowl he's in now that has old water [not sure actual size, but think 1 gal] until I get him the filter tomorrow, or go ahead and place him in his new home tonight. New home would be easier, medicine wise, as it doesn't break down smaller then 10 gal in dose, but don't want to make him suffocate if being in 10 gal w/o filter would be bad for him overnight?
What should I do?
He's in his bowl for now until I get a respond otherwise...
Haeclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:29 PM   #2 
xst3ph90x

I don't think it would be a problem to put him in his new tank. As long as you have the tank cycled.

Just put the filter in tomorrow.
xst3ph90x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #3 
Haeclark

and if its not?
Old 09-28-2008, 06:37 AM   #4 
xst3ph90x

I don't have a filter in my tank at all. I just make sure that I do frequent water changes, it should definitely be ok.
xst3ph90x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #5 
Haeclark

o nice...answers my next question then of if I should get heater first or filter! I awoke to tank this morning at 76...dropped 2 degrees, even with room heater on and lamp on [dont norm leave lamp on at night...was afraid of dramatic water temp drop].
Think I shall get him a heater before the tank filter then...can get the filter earlier this week upon payday. ;D