Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #11 
dmari888

so bettas can survive falls? Sadly my friends betta dies by jumping out of her tank
dmari888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, they can survive if they are found in time and put back in their water.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #13 
misty991

Mine is a girl and she blows bubbles. I don't know if males blow bubbles.
misty991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, males blow bubbles. Some females do, too. Mine will scatter some here and there.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #15 
alicia

well, i finally saw my betta make bubbles :) so i tried feeding my betta brine shrimp but for some reason i thought the texture would be different, it seems to disolve so easily when i try to feed it to him and it just spreads all over the water, he only ate the "bigger' pieces he was able to get, are all brine shrimp the same?
alicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #16 
Tyyrlym

Yeah, what you were seeing is a result of the packaging process. Not all the brine shrimp survive packaging intact. What you were seeing was all the brine shrimp bits floating away. The big pieces were whole or nearly whole brine shrimp. Unless you raise your own pretty much all brine shrimp will be like that.
Tyyrlym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #17 
Ginachicago

Hey everyone...today I made a rookie owner mistake. Left the fish in a bowl and while cleaning his tank. When I found him he was out of his bowl. I have no idea how long he was out. I got him right back in the water, he swam around. I got him back in his normal tank. He does not look very good but is still alive. His is tummy seems puffed up but it looks like his color is returning. Is he going to die? What can I do to help him? I feel AWFUL! Any tips or things to look for are appreciated. He is just chilling, not a lot of fin movement, at the top of the tank.

Help.
Ginachicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #18 
Chicklet

Quote:
i tried feeding my betta brine shrimp but for some reason i thought the texture would be different, it seems to disolve so easily when i try to feed it to him and it just spreads all over the water,
Try using one of those pipettes that come with your test kits, They works great delivering just the right amount of the frozen brine shrimp without a lot of waste... if not a pipettes a syringe works pretty good too... or something small in the line of a turkey baster.

Name:  Picture 050.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  22.9 KB

Quote:
Hey everyone...today I made a rookie owner mistake. Left the fish in a bowl and while cleaning his tank. When I found him he was out of his bowl. I have no idea how long he was out. I got him right back in the water, he swam around. I got him back in his normal tank. He does not look very good but is still alive. His is tummy seems puffed up but it looks like his color is returning. Is he going to die? What can I do to help him? I feel AWFUL! Any tips or things to look for are appreciated. He is just chilling, not a lot of fin movement, at the top of the tank.
That was stressful on him,,, just letting him rest will probably be all he needs..

Puffed up tummy sounds like another problem, maybe bloat? to much wrong foods

Last edited by Chicklet; 04-01-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #19 
Ginachicago

Thanks, Chicklet. The bloat is new, after the dive out of the bowl. He's still just hanging out, not moving much. I hope he makes a comeback! I appreciate your help.
Ginachicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

Just keep his water clean and keep an eye on him.