Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #1 
EmmaBlake

Questions about Hikari Betta Bio-gold & Vacuuming my tank

I bought some hikari bio-gold betta food on amazon when I purchased a new heater and gravel vac. After I had already made the purchase I googled hikari betta food and I saw a lot of complaints saying they changed their ingredients to something not as good for bettas, but I looked on my package of food when it arrived and the first ingredient is fish meal and it says its 38% crude protein, is that good and should I still feed it to my betta? good news is that I also purchased some New Life Spectrum from ebay.

I also have a question about vacuuming the tank, I just got my gravel vac today after having my betta for 2 weeks now so I want to use it asap but my question is can you leave your betta in the tank while you do it? I would like to leave him in if possible to eliminate any unnecessary stress.

Thanks for the help :)
EmmaBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #2 
Darkicydevil

NLS is the best probably. I'm not sure on the bio-gold, but plenty of people on here says its good : ) it would be far better than tetra or something.

and yeah, you can leave your betta in the tank while you use the gravel vac, as long as you don't drain the water too much. He might freak out at first, but he will get used to it.
Darkicydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #3 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, NLS and Omega One are tied here I think :) I do prefer NLS though. But the stuff your giving him now is certainly better than most brands, you can chose to continue it if you like or get one of the two I mentioned.

Just careful you don't suck him up, I only did that to my girl once when she ran into the suction of the tube lol. I just quickly removed the hose from the water and she fell back in, no damage done ;D But don't worry, I've never sucked up on of my boys, they usually just stay away from it.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #4 
Agent13
Reference Team

I think it's fine. I use that a couple times a week to switch foods up for my bettas. Reading the back I see the contents of Omega one are better then Bio-gold but bio-gold certainly is a good one. I don't have NLS in front of me to compare but I would think it's better just by a little bit then bio-gold.
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote