Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #11 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Oh it is a very funny site to see him do that to the poor snails, I am like you trust me you have to laugh and at least he doesnt eat them Perseus says in his self defense...

Oh that is cool you are going to make your own gravel vac, there should be somewhere here that tells how to make one, would have to search for it but I can find it for you if you need it.

Perseus likes the flashlight game I play with him, I just use a small flashlight and shine it around the tank and he follows and hunts for the small beam of light, its really fun and I shine it though his floating Betta log and sometimes he will swim though the log looking for the light Some people I have heard also use one of those cat lasers which I did try but he seems to like the flashlight better. That is the only game I play with him but other members might know of some good ones you can try with Shark.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #12 
ArrowheadShark

Thank-you for the offer! :'D I actually found numerous various ways of doing in on other websites from a quick google search.

Somewhere, I have at least three lazer-lights sitting hidden at Mama's house XD do I know where? Noooope~! Shark didn't seem to like the light or have any interest in it - I have these little colored finger lights - but maybe now that he's more settled in he would? Hmmmmn~

I've got a list of things to get for him - so far it looks like this:
Elite 25wat thermostate heater
In-tank glass thermometer
Epsom salt
Aquarium salt
Gravel Vaccum
Prim water conditioner
Bloodworms (need to do some research on them... I also saw this 'dial a treat' someone mentioned that looked like a good thing to get?)
Filter replacements... or a sponge filter where I can clean the sponge. The one I have you have to replace the whole little unit thingy - it just pops into the holder case thingy.
(I think it's a carbon and sponge cleaner? ._. I am inexperienced with filters, beyond one I used for my goldfish Jackpot years ago. Come to think of it, there were other fishies, too. HOW CAN I HAVE FORGOTTEN THEIR NAMES *Dies*) For now, when I did the water change today I swished the sponge and rocks around good in the water, before dumping the water. I also ran the sponge under the tap - maybe that was bad? ._.' I added it into the cage and then put in the water conditioner.

There were other things on the list, but I don't have it in front of me right now. Ah! live plants that are already grown, or silk ones. Or both xD also, a hidey place for Shark to take shelter in when he's feeling sneaky, or needs to hide away.
ArrowheadShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. I love your drawing.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #14 
ArrowheadShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum. I love your drawing.
Thanks! Although the longer I look at it the more flaws I see.... Ah, well XD
I plan on doing a more acurate one of Shark, maybe even try to digitally paint him up nice ;u;
Old 05-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #15 
crowntaillove3

Hello, and welcome to the forum! Don't feel bad; I got two bettas in late December and I didn't even learn about cycling until April! BTW, fish are addicting. In December, I said: "I'm going to get ONE betta." But I got two. "NO more fish." four months later... "I have two 2.5 gallon betta tanks, one 15 gallon freshwater community tank, and a 4 gallon guppy tank! NO MORE FISH!!!" Yesterday... "I have room in my 15 gallon! I'll get three more female guppies, two more serpae tetras, two platies, ooh! Maybe some ghost shrimp, too!" When it's all said and done, you might need an FINtervention.
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #16 
eaturbyfill

Hello and welcome! I like your picture of Shark.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #17 
ArrowheadShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntaillove3 View Post
Hello, and welcome to the forum! Don't feel bad; I got two bettas in late December and I didn't even learn about cycling until April! BTW, fish are addicting. In December, I said: "I'm going to get ONE betta." But I got two. "NO more fish." four months later... "I have two 2.5 gallon betta tanks, one 15 gallon freshwater community tank, and a 4 gallon guppy tank! NO MORE FISH!!!" Yesterday... "I have room in my 15 gallon! I'll get three more female guppies, two more serpae tetras, two platies, ooh! Maybe some ghost shrimp, too!" When it's all said and done, you might need an FINtervention.
They are XD''' "I can get - no. No, I must resist urge to get another betta. Or another fish. Must get proper setup first."

I HAVE A SAFETY NET. It is called not being prepared for another fishy.

....yet
Old 05-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #18 
crowntaillove3

LOL!! That safety net won't last long if you have the irresistible urge to do research like I did!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #19 
ArrowheadShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntaillove3 View Post
LOL!! That safety net won't last long if you have the irresistible urge to do research like I did!
Oh, I do research.
I just don't have another tank, heater, and filter to give to another betta. If I meet a fish who really captures my heart, I might just crack, but only if he really captures it. Right now I'm just going to focus on getting Shark's tank nice @w@ He's due for a water change tomorrow, and is really happy with his heater he's got in his tank now >w<
Old 06-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #20 
crowntaillove3

Neither did I. Centerpieces work if you get a filter and heater! LOL I have one tank for male guppies that's only a centerpiece. I have a lid for it and stuff, and it works!

Tags
introduction, new betta, new betta owner, not rambling!, rambling, shark, watermelons!!!!!!!!!