Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #11 
Hadoken Kitty

You could do the AQ salt + stress coat treatment if you' like. I think that warm water would be best for him, though. Some fish's scales are lighter under the chin than others'. If his scales are coming off, I would think that stress coat and warm water would be your best bet.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #12 
justmel

Ok, then keep up what I'm doing. I'll get pictures of the last guy when he settles down. The third guy in the tank was still alive so I brought him home today. He does have fin rot, but I'm putting him right in AQ salt so he'll be ok. I'm hopeful both this new one & the orange one I got yesterday will be ok since they are both still nice and active today.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #13 
Hadoken Kitty

What dosage are you using?
Old 05-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #14 
justmel

the AQ salt I am using 1 tsp per gallon. The stress coat I'm dosing according to the bottle.

The orange boy still is not eating. Not a big deal, I know that. I don't like how skinny he is though, so I'd really like to try and encourage him more. Can anyone tell me where to get garlic juice? I've looked, but haven't been able to find any.

After gettin a good look at the boy I picked up today yesterday I ended up with the best & worst of the three out of the tank. This boy today is very spunky. He's even eaten already. Only problem I can see with him is fin rot & tore up fins. Here's a few pic of him.
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #15 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Nice :)

For garlic juice just go buy a clove of garlic and then smash up a small piece to get the juice out of it. Easiest and cheapest way of doing it :)
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #16 
justmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Nice :)

For garlic juice just go buy a clove of garlic and then smash up a small piece to get the juice out of it. Easiest and cheapest way of doing it :)
I got that here, so real easy. ;) Thanks!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #17 
justmel

So happy to say both rescues are still swimming happily. They are even starting to work on bubble nests & mark their territory. The one I brought home yesterday is still a bit jumpy & ready to attack anything, but I think they will be ok. Thank you both for your advice with these guys.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #18 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yay! Happy to hear that :D Good luck to the little guys! With your help, I'm sure they will recover just fine
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #19 
justmel

My last rescue boy has been named Zababa, a Mesopotamian war god, and has started eating! Just ate 8 pellets for me. The big guy is hungry I guess. I can see where his fins are starting to grow back and the fin rot has stopped! I am so happy with this boy & totally in love (of course).

My mom claimed the orange boy when I brought him home. I told her after I was sure he was ok she could take him. He hasn't a name yet as one hasn't struck my mom as just right(she also has a marble feathertail named Ming). I'm just a little worried about him though. He's still not eating. Can't tempt him with anything. He's kind of lethargic, only really active when he flares at my fiance. He doesn't look even remotely bloated, but I was thinking maybe I should try some epsom salt for him?
Old 05-22-2013, 06:25 AM   #20 
Hadoken Kitty

Have you tried NLS pellets?