Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-20-2013, 01:17 AM   #21 
RussellTheShihTzu

Do you have problems with your Ghost shrimp and RCS together?

I ask because Ghost shrimp are usually fine with RCS (of course there's always an exception); a lot of people keep them together because they won't cross-breed. You just have to watch at feeding time so the RCS get food, too....but even among themselves, there are pig RCS. I have one female who grabs up a piece of an Ocean Nutrition Shrimp Wafer and runs away as fast as she can.

In the other aquarium, Willie will follow the wafers to the bottom and lay on them for 30 seconds to a minute before he lets the shrimp eat!

Last edited by RussellTheShihTzu; 05-20-2013 at 01:20 AM.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:32 AM   #22 
redchigh

Ghost shrimp are opportunistic, and will probably only be able to catch and eat sick (or dead) ones.
redchigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:46 AM   #23 
RussellTheShihTzu

+1 When I had them they only got dead or dying RCS.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #24 
Splash

My ghost shrimp spend most of their time hiding and coming out to steal food lol! I'm so excited to get these shrimp, went out and got Prime today as well as a new bigger bucket to make water changes and helping them into their new home easier. The guy shipped them out this morning, I'm pretty sure they will be here tomorrow!
Splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #25 
Splash

Kind of upset, they didn't come today but he shipped them yesterday morning by USPS which means they would've come with the regular mail. I hope they'll be okay...
Old 05-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #26 
Laki

Good luck!! Remember they might be either super dark red or pale red when they come depending on how excited they are. lol I haven't had mine shipped but rather, I picked them up from a guy who drove across town to meet me. So they were in a bag and were very pale. After an hour of drip acclimatizing them they got VERY dark (as dark as Sakura's go lol)

I can't wait to see yours!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #27 
Splash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Good luck!! Remember they might be either super dark red or pale red when they come depending on how excited they are. lol I haven't had mine shipped but rather, I picked them up from a guy who drove across town to meet me. So they were in a bag and were very pale. After an hour of drip acclimatizing them they got VERY dark (as dark as Sakura's go lol)

I can't wait to see yours!
Thank you! I'm so excited but I'm really concerned because they said they shipped them yesterday morning and they definitely aren't coming today (It was through regular mail). How long do they survive in those Kordon breathing bags? It's nerve wrecking lol!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #28 
SerenaRena
Banned

yea you can add the cherry shrimp, thats plenty of space for them
SerenaRena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #29 
RussellTheShihTzu

Not to worry; I've ordered from California and it took three days with nary a DOA. Just don't float the breather bags like you do regular bags. And like Laki said, they may be clear but they'll darken up.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #30 
Splash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu View Post
Not to worry; I've ordered from California and it took three days with nary a DOA. Just don't float the breather bags like you do regular bags. And like Laki said, they may be clear but they'll darken up.
I just got the shrimp, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. All of them are babies except two adults. They are tiny!

One of the adults:

The snail seems to be the main attraction in my tank lol! I need some help though, I noticed right after I put the shrimp in, there's tiny (very tiny, almost hard to see and could be mistaken for something floating in the tank) tiny little white worm like things. They're just moving along the glass. There's only a few but I'm wondering if I should put some parasite guard in there?