Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #21 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
No just a regular 2 ray female PK. VT's have more ray's then that generally.
Actually, VTs only have 2 rays splitting. Ever.

http://www.steelcitybettas.com/tailtypes.htm

I can never remember if I'm breaking a rule by posting other pages, but this is to give credit where it is due.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #22 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankey View Post
It's a 10 gallon tank. I used to have anacharis floating in there, but then I lost my supply of decent sunlight (it's not actually as intense as the picture makes it seem). I might consider getting a large silk plant, removing the base, and just letting the rest float in there, but I'm not sure about how well that would work or if I could just do it with the base...
Why don't you use a desk lamp or something for a light? It would due a lot better than sunlight. Sunlight is difficult because it's going to heat your water up very fast which is harmful to your girls.

Also yes, you can just take the base off and let it float. You can also get something like this from your local craft store/wal-mart: http://www.joann.com/66-grape-ivy-ga...prd_01786839a/ or http://www.joann.com/mini-english-iv...prd_09749698b/ or http://www.joann.com/15-maidenhair-f...prd_09749706a/ and then just make sure there are no metal bits in them, take off basses if they have them and float them :D

EDIT: I stand corrected then about the VT's, nvm, thanks for the info! And you can post pages, just not other forum threads.

Last edited by lilnaugrim; 05-27-2013 at 06:33 PM.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #23 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
It's a 10 gallon tank. I used to have anacharis floating in there, but then I lost my supply of decent sunlight (it's not actually as intense as the picture makes it seem). I might consider getting a large silk plant, removing the base, and just letting the rest float in there, but I'm not sure about how well that would work or if I could just do it with the base...
I've seen people leave the base with their plants, as long as it is light enough to keep floating at the top of the water.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #24 
Mankey

A desk lamp? Would a reading lamp work, too? I'm pretty sure I have one, I would just need to get it a new bulb.
Mankey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #25 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
A desk lamp? Would a reading lamp work, too? I'm pretty sure I have one, I would just need to get it a new bulb.
It depends on how big it is :) I mean, since you don't have plants you don't need something super strong. But some light would help your girls regulate themselves, otherwise it will be a cloudy day for them all the time! That wouldn't be fun :)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #26 
Mankey

Good point. I have to try my best to not be lazy for this tank, because I really want it to work out as best as possible. :v I don't even know when I'm going to get the new girls, but I've been changing the water on a daily basis to make up for the fact that I've been lazy with my water changes for a while (something I'm not proud of). This would probably be a lot easier if I had a job, though...
Mankey is offline   Reply With Quote