Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2009, 06:27 AM   #11 

If I were to keep a betta, It would be in nothing less than 10 gal with filter, and heater, and once a week 20 percent water change.I cannot help but think there is a direct correlation between the numbers of posts regarding sick bettas and the often times small enviornments they are kept in.
I half believe that if there were a tiny globe ,capable of holding water, with a chain attached.. that many would place their bettas in this globe and wear it round their necks.

Last edited by 1077; 03-27-2009 at 06:30 AM.
1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #12 
Nataku

Oh no, don't post that 1077, some salesperson is going to see that post someday and the next thing we're going to see advertised all over is betta necklaces. *sweatdrop* It'll be all the new rage after those purse dogs. Those salespeople will do anything for a buck, and there's enough clueless shallow people out there that would think it's cool and buy it, even if they never could get a betta to last more than a week.
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #13 
veganchick

over the Olympics they did sort of the same thing but with goldfish and keychains http://www.tobeasian.com/wp-content/...6/goldfish.jpg
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

How would you do water changes and feed it? That thing would get filled with fish poop in no time.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #15 
Nataku

0__o;;; That is just so .... pathetically sad.
"Here! Have this gold fish in a plastic bag that is going to be so murky and full of poo in a day that you won't even be able to see the fish inside! ...not that you'd want to be able to see it, it's floating belly up in there DEAD."

I bet that would be horribly traumatizing to the fish, always being jostled around as the person walks, every time they sit down or get up. If the toxic water conditions (and lest we even mention the lack of temperature regulation in one of those things) didn't kill it first, I'm sure it would probably die of shock soon enough anyhow.
Nataku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've heard of goldfish purses, purses that had a place to put a goldfish in. It would be jostled around and even sat on!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:44 AM   #17 
Virus

Exclamation 10 gallon divided - Suffecient for a male and female crowntail?

Ignore this!
Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #18 
Chicklet

Nothing wrong with 1 gallon tanks, anything smaller shouldn't be allowed tho...
As for all betta's being happier in larger tanks, I beg to differ.. Most in fact are happier in smaller tanks.
I've tried the bigger tanks and the community tanks.... 1 gallon tanks produces more bubble nests , & much more activity...... But then again how you arrange that small tanks does come into how the Betta's reacts and enjoys himself.... Empty bare tanks are stressful in my opinion.... Water changes are a must on a very frequent basis..... If you give a bigger tank and your Betta adjusts to it, Then downsizing his tank wouldn't be fair to him unless it was a change he preferred..... I have had many betta's sulk to the bottom corners and refuse to eat for days,,, Gradual changes slowly up sizing his tank size I believe to be less stressful to most betta's..... For some reason I also have been seeing indications that Betta's live longer in smaller well cared for tanks VS larger tanks and with company...

That's just been my experience thus far...
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had a betta that lived for 3 1/2 years in a half gallon vase. I wouldn't go less than a gallon now, though.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #20 
veganchick

I think it all depends on the bettas personality, all that I have had have been much happier in large tanks with plenty of things to do! My smallest betta tank is about 4 gallons
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote