Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #51 
Mozart

Where are all these 1g, 1.5g, 2.5g, 3g, 3.5g, 4g, 4.5g, tanks? My local petsmart had a 2g and 5g tank only (plus the 10g and over sizes).

My guy just moved into a 2g tank and is loving it. I'm worried about temperature though. Anyone know a good heater (brand) for a 2 gallon tank?
Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #52 
froglady

Im not sure some stores may carry a mini heater for 2 gallons. try and find one thats got a safety feature on it. so temps wont go too high. just as a good precaution.
froglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:06 AM   #53 
rockstar26

in reguards to wheres all the tanks.... i found a HUGE selection at petsmart.... though the tanks i got were from walmart....... good luck in finding a heater :)
rockstar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #54 
dramaqueen
Banned

The Hydor mini heaters can be found at Petsmart (my Petsmart had them) and Walmart has the Tetra whisper heaters. Thats where I got mine.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #55 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I'd definitely say you are addicted! lol Its so easy to get addicted because they are so beautiful and have such great personalities. I started out with just 1, then a neighbor of mine who has NO compassion at all for animals (and likes people to think she is a big animal advocate) left her betta with me when she went on vacation. She didn't want him back. She said he wasn't made of gold, could easily be replaced and she wasn't going to fool with him by doing regular water changes. He was the best thing to happen to me because that was how I got addicted. :) He was the sweetest little fish and had a wonderful personality. I still miss him.
Addicted? HA, you have no idea! :P
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #56 
dramaqueen
Banned

dmhalfmoon, how many do you have? I know you breed so it has to be quite a few. :)
Old 05-13-2009, 10:55 PM   #57 
LaniBaby

I personally like the marineland stealth heaters. They're a little pricey but won't break and poison your water (as i've heard some glass varieties can do.) i've used the 50 watt on my 1 gal, a 10 gal, and a 3 gal and it was great with all of them. i also have a 25 watt in my 3 gal and it works well. you can set the temp exactly and it shuts on and off on its own. they also have a warranty so if it breaks, send it back. although, i recently sent mine back and haven't heard anything yet.. in 6 weeks...

yerakina!! i love it. she must be a pretty little girl, DQ. :)
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #58 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thank you! She IS pretty. I thought she was white when I first got her but she turned pink with maroon on her fins. I have a stealth visitherm in my 4 gallon. Its been working fine. :)
Old 05-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #59 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
dmhalfmoon, how many do you have? I know you breed so it has to be quite a few. :)
Pet bettas: These are the ones who invaded my life and are alive and well today, I have 10 pet bettas.

Spawns:About 200 right now, 100-600 more by the middle of june!
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #60 
crowntail lover

I use the Tetra whisper brand for my fry tank, but I dont have a heater for my 1 gallon, and 2 gallon.
And I am getting one for my other female ten gallon
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote