Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #1 
MissMittySmoke

Floating Betta Log

I just recently purchased a Betta Floating Log and it was just delivered a few minutes ago and so it hasn't been put into Dean's tank yet. I was just wondering if anyone had some opinions about this item and if your beta actually likes it?
MissMittySmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #2 
RowdyBetta

I make my own out of craft mesh and Cirrus loves it.

They seem to be a hit with other bettas on here too. Hehe, cheap too!
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #3 
countyrd419

Hi, MissMittySmoke, my betta Rusty, showed no interest in it at all. Return it if your betta doesn't use it.

I bought mine on Monday from my local PetSmart and returned it today. Rusty is more intuned with pecking and flaring at his reflection on the right side of the tank. I also bought the ocean floor vinyl cling at my PetSmart today but it just didn't look right so I have to return this back too. At least I am getting to know the associates by name now at my PetSmart store in Oviedo.

It just shows you how our betta fishes are never satisfied no matter what we do for them. I was looking at some of the cave decor that are on the PetSmart website. Does anyone have a cave decor that their betta fish swims in and which one can you recommend for me to buy. Rusty is like a problem child.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #4 
RowdyBetta

I have this cave: http://m.petsmart.com/mt/www.petsmar...AvailInUS%2FNo
A word of warning though, if you do get this cave, cut off the fake plant attached. It was responsible for many a ripped fin.

My last two bettas loved it, Cirrus could care less about it. XD He prefers live plants.
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #5 
LebronTheBetta

I bought one for my betta and his tankmate guppies' yesterday, they all use them. I guess it all depends on the betta. However, some chip their coating off so you might want to scrub the log down with water and a little brush first and then put it in.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #6 
erinbirdsong

I have a betta that fell in LOVE with it as soon as we put it in his tank but the other one did not use it...
erinbirdsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #7 
EmmaJay

My bettas love them! My sisters betta took about 2 weeks to use it, now he loves it. I have a larger floating log for my sorority, and they use it as well!
EmmaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #8 
weaver72

I use soft curlers in my tanks, I get them at a dollar store, some I weigh down with a little rocks and some I let float, my guys love them, the swim through ,they hide and I have one delta tail that sleeps in his like a bed it is so cute!!!also little plant pots are really cheap and they love them as caves
weaver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #9 
shushcat

Scrub down the log!! In any case, I have one betta who LOVES it, and another who won't go near it, so it honestly depends on the individual fish. Still a good purchase, though.
shushcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #10 
BettaFran

I got one for Es to give him something new to do. Don't care for how it looks with my aquascape, but Es loves it! I find him in and out if it all the time. Sometimes he likes to hang out underneath it too, or peek out from just inside it, which is really cute ;)
Definitely want to scrub it periodically as it seems to collect slime a bit easier than real items, just like any artificial decor; I use a toothbrush and do it in discarded tank water, but you could also use hot tap water then rinse in treated water.
BettaFran is offline   Reply With Quote