Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #1 
Megara

Betta Hammokk..YaY or NaY??

Also i know live floading plants are better...what varitys is good.. for my 5 gal..it has a florescent light..and i dont want all kinds of dead plant stuff everywhere...
Megara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

I always found live floating plants difficult... EXCEPT duckweed!!! Make sure to have the light on during the day and those suckers grow nice and big, and multiply.

Betta hammock is okay. Some people have found the metal piece inside irritating as it rusts.

Other live plants (non floating): java fern, marimo moss ball... Two of the best, hardiest plants I have ever owne.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #3 
Megara

There is Not a metal piece on mine..so i think ill be ok..my bettas are not sure what to do with it yet...still scoping it out..and thanks for the advice!!!!...I really appreciate it!!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #4 
amzingaly

My betta just got his hammock about a week ago and he's just starting to use it. He seems to like resting his fins on the suction cup better than the actual leaf tho haha.
amzingaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #5 
Megara

thats so cute!..people really have no idea how quwerky bettas can be if you give them the right conditions and stimulation... :)
Old 05-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #6 
Rana

My betta completely ignored the hammock I bought for him in favor of resting on his fake plants, so I ended up taking it out after a few months. Mine had the wire since it was the old version, but I sealed it up with hot glue and it was never a problem.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #7 
jesssan2442

My betta, mason never uses his but he isn't the brightest of fish so I'm not sure he know what it is. I'm gonna move it to my betta, Mercedes tank when her permanant home comes in the mail! she loves hiding under and resting on the floating leaves that are in her temporary tank so I think she'll use the hammock!!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:45 AM   #8 
mersf559

as for the betta hammock, my betta fish loves it, he always hangs out on it and that is chair for when it comes to eating haha.
for floating plants, i wouldnt suggest it, its just my opinion, it might make your tank not look appealing? lol
get some Red Ludwigia stem plants.
those are awesome plants
mersf559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #9 
Megara

Thanks for the feed back everyone!!!!!...Yeah Right now i have 2 males..one in a 3 gal and one in a 5 gal...i have a few long silk plants that seem to be doing the job ( hideing and resting in and around them)..I think im going to pick up a female today ( the girls never sell, i feel bad for them) for the spare 2.5 gal i have..Maybe she will like it!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #10 
ConnieW

I have had my Betta for four days and I got one of those hammocks the second day. Finnley swims all around it and sometimes stops on it. I have no idea if he rests on it at night with the room is dark. But it is so small I will leave it for a while...he might get used to it.
ConnieW is offline   Reply With Quote