Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #11 
frankiefire

I made my own with a silk plant leaf and my betta wanted nothing to do with it. I left it in for a month then just removed it. He likes hanging in the real plants.
frankiefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:14 PM   #12 
jlllm

I think it would be a cute idea! I am not sure if mine would catch on to it! I have the betta log that he doesn't use. Seems to like to lay on the gravel or a frog. I got driftwood the other day and he dances around on in all day. I leave the magnet glass cleaner near the surface and he likes to lay on it or swish over it. Maybe that's a hint he wants a hammock!
jlllm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #13 
Megara

it took 2 days and tuna figured it out!!!!....he has several high silk plans he likes to lay on and in as well...but so far so good :)
Megara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #14 
ShyMyles

hope Im posting this right!

My Myles just discovered the joy of leaf loafing this morning! And it's just about the cuts thing I've ever seen! He's napped on it four times in the last three hours and is quietly laid out on it as I type this. He's only been with me two days and just figured out what to do with the leaf this morning. I looked over and he was layed out flat as a pancake and looking utterly relaxed and peaceful. I was thrilled that I was able to give him a comfy place to rest. Ha-I'm actually walking around very quietly so I don't disturb him! And my leaf doesn't have the scary wire in it so little Myles is safe!
ShyMyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #15 
NorthernLights

The old ones (with the wires) may still be in plenty of stores. They are around here, anyway. To test yours, try bending the leaf (relatively firmly) and see if it stays that way. If it does, you have a wire. You can pull the wire out with pliers at the part that goes into the suction cup. If it's well covered in plastic there, you may have to dig a bit. I'll be happy to give you further instructions if you need it.

Some bettas love them, some ignore them.
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #16 
Hallyx
Reference Team

I think a floating Anubias is the best hammock there is. Also good for shade and a place to hide.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote