Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #1 
ReneeS

Hello out there!

This is my first post and I just wanted to say hi! My husband and I got our new betta today. He's my avatar picture, and his name is Franklin. He seems very happy to be in his new 5 gallon home as opposed to the little thing they were keeping him in! I used to have bettas a long time ago when I was little and I'm so happy to have one again.
ReneeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Hello and welcome to the forum!! Your little guy looks super cute! I would definitely love to see more pictures of him when you can! :D

And again, welcome to the forum, if you have any questions, silly or not, you can ask us! It's what we're here for!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #3 
ReneeS

Thank you! I will post more pictures as I get them. Your betta is beautiful! And, all of you have already helped me so much.. I went on here for help setting up the tank and found all the answers I needed.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Wonderful! I'm so happy that the information here helped a ton already!

And thank you so much :D That's my boy Rembrandt ^^
Old 05-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #5 
ReneeS

Rembrandt is gorgeous, wow! Here's a pretty one of his fins It's kind of blurry, but he's barely stopped moving since being in his new home!
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #6 
NeptunesMom

Welcome. That is a beautiful boy you have there.

Betta Warning: Betta fish are addicting. One fish will become two fish, which will then become three fish. Eventually, you will have no counter space that does not have fish on it. Consider yourself warned.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Why thank you!

Your fish is gorgeous too! I don't think I've ever seen a Black Veiltail before! The added red wash to his fins is also kind of a cute thing too! Oh wait, or is he blue and I just can't see it? Lol sometimes when Remmy turns just the right way he goes all black with some orange in his fins.

Either way Franklin is a cutie! And yeah, it is difficult to get pictures of our Betta's haha, it's nearly the bane of our existence I think sometimes!

EDIT: Lol @ NeptunesMom but it is certainly true! I came home with Rembrandt one day and the next day I find myself with 16 Betta's and 2 on the way! Not to mention 7 other fish XD
Old 05-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #8 
ReneeS

@NeptunesMom Thank you! And, thanks for the warning. haha We've already talked of getting another one!

@lilnaugrim Franklin's blue with red throughout, but he does look black in that picture, you're right! haha
Old 05-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #9 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Haha, see I know my fish XD Well...actually it was only an after thought that I decided to throw in haha.

But that's great though, he's still beautiful! And I totally think you should get more....lol I'm a bad person to talk to XD Actually I think Catw0man is the worst here haha, she's got 90 betta's and counting and most of them are from AquaBid which is a horribly blessed site. It's like ebay but you buy fish stuff and the Betta's on there are just amazing!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #10 
NeptunesMom

I feel like a warning is an appropriate thing to do.. as I am an enabler who will tell you to get another one. .
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote