Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2008, 08:57 AM   #1 
betaramone

HELP!!!!

I just got 2 betas (male and female last Saturday. Bonnie the female was found dead yesterday (Wednesday), no apparent reason, pet store said it was stress from the shipment and Clyde my male is not swimming that much at all, I was able to pick him up in my hand with out him trying to swim. HELP what is wrong. The tank is one of those beginner tanks, not sure what size exactly. The water is tap water and room temperature with cleanser that makes it safe. There is no filter or CO2 unit. There is natural light let into the room the tank is in and the tank has only been set up since I bought the fish. Bonnie and Clyde were a little more active at the pet store, not much more though. I am not sure about the water parameters and I do not use test strips. The water was water I put in it when I first bought the fish. Can some one PLEASE help me
betaramone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:52 AM   #2 
xst3ph90x

If you put the two bettas in a tank together, it is VERY possible that your male killed your female, expecially if the tank was small with no place for them to hide
xst3ph90x is offline   Reply With Quote