Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #1 
countyrd419

Wink Betta Fishes In Florida

Do Betta fishes in Florida where it's warm nearly all year round need to have heaters in their water? Right now Rusty's water thermometer from Zoo Med is showing a temperature of 80.4 degrees. The temperatures does fluctuates at times not to an extreme and of course gets higher when his tank light is on (this I only do for an hour just to see him really live up and swim to his delight).

Rusty's water temperature has for the most part been in the low 80's ever since I have had him. Has anyone ever posted a satisfaction rating for betta tank thermostats/thermometer's?

I know several of more experience keepers are from my state. So your input will be greatly appreciate. The part of Florida I live in is the Orlando metro area (Oviedo to be exact). Sorry if I have commented on this before. I just want to be a good fish owner.
Attached Images

countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #2 
Flapmon

Most betta owners encourage the idea of heaters to keep the water a stable temperature.
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #3 
jaysee
Reference Team

It's easy to determine if you need a heater - take it out and take readings at different times of the day. First thing in the morning will be at its coolest, so if its still a good temperature then, then you don't need it.

A lot of people take their heaters out for the summer. That's how I figured out that I don't need to heat my tanks - fall came and then winter and the temperatures were still where they needed to be. It's been more than 3 heats since I've had a heater in a show tank.

Sent from Petguide.com App
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote