Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #11 
projectcam95

i wish i had a lfs near by. I only have petco, petsmart and petland.
projectcam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #12 
s72450

I don't think we have a Petsmart around here, although I'd be curious if it was any better than PetCo.
s72450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:55 PM   #13 
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectcam95
i wish i had a lfs near by. I only have petco, petsmart and petland.
I hear you. I have the same problem. Pet quarters used to be pretty good, but they closed their fish department .

the only reason I don't have more bettas is because I have run out of surface area in my room!! Although..... just the other day my mom said she had no problem with tanks elsewhere in the house so long as I took care of them . Oh, and the fact that my bettas seem to cost soooo much. There are no good fish stores around here, so between my first betta (who I sadly could not save) and my betta now, I have probably spent $50 on meds alone!!

Now, the only way I would get a betta from those stores is if I got it for free to save. Hmmm.... people really need to open a fish store around here.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a Petsmart within walking distance from my house. I go in there pretty often to look around. I ordered 2 bettas from another fish store almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything from them yet. I may have to call them in a day or two to see what is going on. If I can't get them from there, then I'll get 2 from Petsmart.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

You're lucky, Kim, that your Mom will tolerate your fish elsewhere in the house. Mine barely tolerates them in my room, much less the rest of the house! :(
Old 10-06-2008, 04:40 AM   #16 
Little-Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen
You're lucky, Kim, that your Mom will tolerate your fish elsewhere in the house. Mine barely tolerates them in my room, much less the rest of the house! :(
Hahaha, my mom wanted me to put a fish tank downstairs. Then she got mad at the mess that followed, and then I put another one down there. She almost lost her cool when I told her I was setting up the QT, but I set it up in my room so theres not much she can say.

I feel bad for anyone who doesn't have a lfs I can't imagine petsmart being the only place to go and get fish supplies. I mean I've gone there before to get stuff, but I don't like the selection of equipment. I don't think they even carry marineland filters?
Little-Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:19 AM   #17 
drazen

i find the females to be full of energy. they really take notice of you when you come near there tank. they wag there little tales and are so cute. Did you take a photo of athenia yet?.
drazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #18 
Haeclark

Quote:
I feel bad for anyone who doesn't have a lfs Confused I can't imagine petsmart being the only place to go and get fish supplies. I mean I've gone there before to get stuff, but I don't like the selection of equipment. I don't think they even carry marineland filters?
I agree...hard to find good stuff at stores like these as they tend only to sell cheap stuff sold at spendy prices! Ya sure the outside of things like caves look good...but insides always rough and decently sharp! Still having a hard time finding a good cave for my boy Blue!
Thinking of just using a ceramic candle holder I have [after THOROUGHLY cleaning it] instead, as I dont want him to hurt / scratch his tail on some cheaply made plastic mold!

Places like Petco over-rated...you only buy the name, not actual item price [as they usually way over charge stuff...at least by a few bucks]...and it's not even that great! The only reason I usually go there, is because its the only dang store I can actually take my dogs into! ;D
Haeclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

I like my Petsmart ok, but they don't have meds I'm looking for like Methylene blue and Aquarisol. A couple of their fish people are pretty knowledgeable, though and are very nice.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:48 PM   #20 
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen
At first I got the "your crazy" and "why do you want to do that?" "what a waste of money" kind of things. When I got the last tank, she said "that is the last one" so it kind of surprised me when she said that. She must have just gotten used to it by now .

You should see my room. It is tiny, and there is a fishtank on every wall except for the one that my bed is against! Kinda looks like a fish store now :D .
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote